2012-13: Freshman at Creighton
• Redshirted last season, but practiced against a 29-6 NCAA Tournament team every day.
• Good athlete with a nice mid-range game and solid reputation for defense.
• Missed first two games due to an ankle injury.
• Drained first career shot vs. Presbyterian (11/18), a three-pointer.
• Scored four points on 2-of-2 shooting in one minute of play vs. Saint Joseph’s (12/1).
•Scored season-best nine points and blocked a shot in 12 minutes during win vs. Drake, sinking 3-of-5 shots from the floor (1/8).
• Followed up Drake game with five points, two assists and two rebounds in win at Missouri State (1/11).
• Generated two rebounds, a steal and an assist in road win at Southern Illinois (1/27).
• Scored eight points in 10 minutes at Indiana State (2/6), making 3-of-5 shots including 2-of-2 from downtown.
• Tied career-high with nine points while adding career-best four rebounds in 18 minutes vs. Illinois State (2/9).
• Had three points and four rebounds at UNI (2/13) in career-best 19 minutes.
• Had a rebound and a dunk vs. Indiana State in MVC Tournament semifinal win vs. Indiana State (3/9).
• Played two minutes in NCAA Tournament game vs. Duke (3/24).
2011-12: Redshirted at Creighton
• Practiced but did not play for Creighton’s 2011-12 MVC Tournament championship team that finished 29-6, as part of a redshirt season.
Summer 2011: Bahamas Trip
• Averaged 6.0 points and 3.5 rebounds in the Bahamas.
• Scored between five and seven points all four games.
• Ranked second on the team with 15 free-throw attempts.
Spring High School
• Team was 30-8 his junior campaign.
• A top-40 prospect in the state of Texas according to Texashoops.com, as well as a top-10 prospect within the city of Houston according to RCSSports.com.
• As a sophomore, he averaged 14 points, six rebounds and four assists, where his team finished 25-10.
• Preseason All-North Houston as a senior.
• Played for same Houston Lynx AAU program that produced Emeka Okafor and former Bluejay Darryl Ashford.
• Coached in high school by Chris Bailes.
• Chose Creighton over offers from Wichita State, Bradley, Pepperdine, Boston College and South Alabama.
More About Nevin
Full Name: Nevin Lamar Johnson
Birthday: Aug. 8, 1993
Birthplace: Ft. Polk, La.
Parents: Nelson & Nanette Johnson
Sibling: Nelson (21)
Favorite Athlete: Joe Johnson
Favorite Sports Team: Miami Heat
Favorite Sports Memory: Home game last year vs. Long Beach State
Favorite TV Show: Prison Break
Favorite Vacation Spot: The Bahamas
Career Aspiration: To play professional basketball
Jays Video users
returning customers, please login here.