My Account for
2012-13: Sophomore at Creighton
• Won slam dunk contest at Bluejay Madness.
• Finished with nine points and eight rebounds in 15 minutes of exhibition game victory vs. Mary (Nov. 2), as CU outscored the Marauders 42-6 when he was on the floor.
• Tallied 13 points and two steals in win vs. Longwood (Nov. 20).
• Combined for six points and seven rebounds in 16 minutes during Las Vegas Invitational victories over Wisconsin and Arizona State to help Creighton to the title (Nov. 23-24).
• Recorded four points, four rebounds, two blocks and a steal vs. Akron (Dec. 9).
• Scored five points (including his first dunk of 2012-13) and had three rebounds and an assist in win vs. Drake (Jan. 8).
• Scored six points and grabbed four rebounds in 12 productive minutes vs. Northern Iowa (Jan. 15).
• Finished 3-for-3 from the floor and had eight points, three rebounds, two steals and a block in 10 minutes at Drake (Jan. 23).
• Distributed three assists in seven minutes of win vs. Missouri State (Jan. 30).
• Led team with 13 points at Indiana State (Feb. 6). He made 5-of-5 field goals and also sank three free throws.
• Was 6-for-6 and scored 13 points in career-high 17 minutes of win vs. Southern Illinois (Feb. 19). Also had five rebounds and added two assists and a steal.
• Had 10 points and seven rebounds in 17 minutes of road win at Bradley (Feb. 27).
• Scored a career-high 14 points while adding six rebounds in 14 minutes of MVC Tournament quarterfinal win vs. Drake (March 8).
• Had four points and four rebounds vs. Indiana State in semi’s (March 9).
• Grabbed five rebounds (three offensive) in MVC Tournament final victory vs. Wichita State (March 10).
• Oddly, Creighton is 31-1 all-time in games he misses a field goal, including 26 straight wins.
• Made 39 of his last 52 field goal attempts.
2011-12: Freshman at Creighton
• Served as team’s reserve center, backing up Gregory Echenique in the paint.
• Shot 62.3 percent (38-61) from the field.
• Second on the team with eight dunks.
• Opened career with 13 points in 13 minutes vs. North Carolina A&T (Nov. 11), while also adding two blocked shots.
• Had nine points, four rebounds and three assists in 13 minutes vs. Houston Baptist (Dec. 17).
• Had five points, two rebounds, a steal and a blocked shot in win at Tulsa (Dec. 19).
• Was 2-for-2 from the floor in win at Missouri State (Jan. 18).
• Had six points, four rebounds, a block, a steal and an assist in a win over Indiana State (Jan. 21).
• Had six points, two assists and career-high eight rebounds in 16 minutes of win at Drake (Jan. 25).
• Had 11 points and four rebounds in 16 minutes vs. Illinois State, making 3-of-3 field goals and 5-of-5 free throws.
• Grabbed six rebounds and added an assist and steal in win at Indiana State (Feb. 25).
• Scored 10 points and pulled down four rebounds vs. Evansville in MVC Tournament semifinal (March 3).
Summer 2011: Bahamas Trip
• Averaged a double-double (10.3 points, 11.0 rebounds) in 21.0 minutes per game.
• Had 11 or more rebounds in three of the four games, with a high of 15 against the Commonwealth Giants.
• Finished the trip with a double-double against the Real Deal Shockers with 17 points and 11 rebounds in 20 minutes.
2010-11: Redshirted at Creighton
• Left-handed big man with emerging skills who redshirted, but was allowed to practice.
• Averaged 18 points, 12.5 rebounds and 3.0 blocks per game as a senior, setting a school record with 264 rebounds in a season.
• As a senior, was named First Team All-State by IowaPreps.com, Second Team All-State by Iowa Newspaper Association and was a Third Team All-State choice by the Des Moines Register.
• Had a triple-double against Des Moines Valley High School when he had 25 points, 14 rebounds and 10 blocked shots on Feb. 5, 2010.
• Named Iowa Network Services Player of the Week on Feb. 2, 2010, after averaging 18 points, 16 rebounds and three blocks in three games.
• Played for coach Matt Woodley, a former Drake basketball player and current Truman State head coach, at Waukee.
• McDonald’s All-American Game nominee.
• Grew six inches during the summer before his junior year of high school.
• As a junior, averaged 12.4 points and 7.9 rebounds per game while shooting 52.9 percent from the floor.
• Averaged 14.5 points, 9.4 rebounds and 2.3 steals per game as a sophomore at Des Moines Christian School, earning all-County accolades as team went 23-1.
• Played three years of high school baseball.
• Also was a member of the Martin Brothers and Iowa Barnstormer AAU programs where he played alongside current Bluejay teammate Doug McDermott.
More About Will
Full Name: William Joseph Artino
Birthday: June 27, 1992
Birthplace: Des Moines, Iowa
Parents: Bill and Monica Artino
Sisters: Katie (25) and Karly (16)
Thoughts on Joining BIG EAST: Excited
Career Ambition: Coach
Favorite Sports Team: Chicago Cubs
Favorite Athlete: Reggie Miller
Favorite Sports Memory: Winning back-to-back Valley titles
Hobbies: Fishing, Xbox, golf
Why Creighton: Fans, city, academics
Favorite Vacation Spot: Cozumel
Summer 2013 Job: Camp counselor
14 vs. Drake 3/8/13
6 at Southern Illinois 2/19/13
Field Goal Attempts
7 (3x), last vs. Indiana State 3/9/13
3-Point Field Goals
3-Point Field Goals Attempted
5 vs. Illinois State 2/1/12
Free Throws Attempted
5 (3x), last vs. Drake 3/8/13
8 at Drake 1/25/12
3 (3x), last vs. Missouri State 1/30/13
2 (2x), last vs. Akron 12/9/12
2 (2x), last at Drake 1/23/13
17 (2x), last at Bradley 2/27/13
Jays Video users
returning customers, please login here.