My Account for
2012-13: Senior at Creighton
• Honorable-Mention All-MVC selection.
• One of 12 finalists nationally for the Eddie Sutton Tustenugee Award.
• Led MVC in assists both last year and this year.
• His 210 assists this year are the most by any Bluejay since 1973-74 and rank second in school history for a single-season.
• Eighth in CU history in career assists.
• Led MVC in assists and in assist/turnover ratio, 8th in FG%.
• Ranked 13th nationally in assist/turnover ratio (min 3 apg) and 22nd in assists per game.
• Fifth-year senior who spent his first two seasons at Gonzaga.
• Was runner-up for MVC Newcomer of the Year award last year.
• Had career-high 20 points in MVC Tournament championship game vs. Illinois State.
• Team is 21-5 all-time when he scored in double-figures.
• Scored 13 points and dished six assists in 37 minutes during win vs. UAB (11/14).
• Had eight points, seven assists and five rebounds in Las Vegas Invitational title game win vs. Arizona State (11/24).
• Scored season-high 17 points and dished five assists vs. Boise State (11/28).
• Dished nine assists without a turnover in 80-51 win vs. Saint Joseph’s (12/1).
• Had 10 assists, five rebounds and five assists in 64-42 win at Nebraska (12/1).
• Had 11 points, seven assists and six rebounds in win vs. UNI (1/15).
• Produced 14 points, eight assists and five rebounds at Wichita State (1/19).
• Had 18 points (all in 2nd half) to go with eight assists and five rebounds at Drake (1/23).
• Shot 5-for-5 from field and had 13 points and six assists in win at Southern Illinois (1/27).
• Had 13 points, five rebounds, five assists and two steals in win vs. Southern Illinois (2/19).
• Had 12 points and eight assists vs. Wichita State in game that clinched MVC regular-season title (3/2).
• Had 11 points, seven assists and six rebounds in MVC Tournament title game win vs. Wichita State (3/10).
2011-12: Junior at Creighton
• Runner-up for MVC Newcomer of the Year led Creighton in assists and steals per game while starting all 35 contests for Valley Tournament champion.
• Voted a team captain despite never having played at CU prior to the season.
• His 5.0 assists per game ranked 56th nationally.
• Gifted passer owned spectacular 2.41 assist/turnover ratio that ranked 27th nationally.
• Led MVC with 176 assists, and second in the MVC in assists per game and in assist/turnover ratio.
• Scored in double-figures 11 times (all victories), including career-high 20 points in MVC Tournament final vs. Illinois State (March 4).
• Scored 12 points vs. Campbell (Nov. 25) and Illinois State (Jan. 13).
• Had five points, seven rebounds and seven assists without a turnover in win at UAB (Nov. 16), including go-ahead three-pointer.
• Named to Dale Howard Classic All-Tournament Team.
• Had 11 points and six rebounds vs. Nebraska while playing a career-high 39 minutes.
• Had eight assists and career-high four steals without attempting a field goal vs. Houston Baptist (Dec. 17).
• Approached Creighton’s first point-rebound-assist triple-double at Tulsa (Dec. 19), finishing with nine points, seven rebounds and 10 assists.
• Had a CenturyLink Center Omaha record with 12 assists in a win over Northwestern (Dec. 22), tied for sixth-most in Creighton single-game history and the most by a Bluejay since 12/21/02.
• Became first Bluejay with consecutive games of 10 or more assists since Duan Cole in 1990.
• Had 11 points and six assists in win at Wichita State (Dec. 31), as team outscored the Shockers 50-25 with him on the floor.
• Made all three shots and finished with eight points, seven rebounds and five assists in win vs. Drake (Jan. 3).
• Named MVC Newcomer of the Week on Jan. 9 (8.5 ppg., 5.5 apg., 4.5 rpg.) and Jan. 16 (10.7 ppg., 5.7 rpg., 5.0 apg.).
• Scored 10 second half points in win vs. UNI (Jan. 10).
• Had first career double-double with 12 points and 10 assists, as well as seven rebounds, in win at Illinois State (Jan. 13).
• Had 10 points, including first dunk, in win vs. Southern Illinois (Jan. 15).
• Had seven assists and 12 points vs. Illinois State (Feb. 1).
• Finished with 20 points, seven rebounds and five assists without a turnover in MVC Tourney title game vs. Illinois State (March 4), including five points in overtime.
• Had 10 points, six rebounds and four assists vs. Alabama in NCAA Tournament win (March 16).
• Had career-high 10 rebounds vs. No. 4 North Carolina in NCAA Tournament (March 18).
• Team’s only player since at least 1988-89 with 10 or more points, rebounds and assists in any game in the same season.
Summer 2011: Bahamas Trip
• Averaged 8.0 points, including a high of 12 vs. Bahamas All-Stars.
• Had impressive 17/3 assist/turnover ratio and shot 52 percent from the floor.
2010-11: Sophomore at Creighton
• Redshirted the season as a transfer from Gonzaga, but was able to practice.
• Named to MVC Academic Honor Roll.
Gonzaga University (2008-10)
• Appeared in 24 games, with one start, as a freshman for team that went 27-7 and won WCC in 2009-10.
• Averaged 2.2 points, 1.9 rebounds and 0.9 assists in 9.3 minutes per game.
• Had a season-high of eight points against Augustana (Ill.), Loyola Marymount and San Francisco.
• Lone start came against Davidson in place of injured Matt Bouldin, grabbing a season-best eight rebounds.
• Redshirted in 2008-09 with a shoulder injury.
Linn-Mar High School
• As a senior, team took third place at state, thanks in part to his 22 points on 10-of-12 shooting from the field, including a fall away buzzer-beating three-pointer for the win.
• Named First-Team All-State by the Iowa Newspaper Association as well as First-Team All-Mississippi Valley Conference.
• Team won state his junior year, going 24-1, as he scored 15 points and grabbed eight rebounds in title game.
• Named to State All-Tournament Team each of his final two seasons.
• Averaged 13.0 points, 4.5 rebounds and 4.7 assists per game as a junior.
• As a sophomore, team went 23-3 and took fourth at state.
• Coached by Chris Robertson.
• Considered Iowa State (then coached by Greg McDermott) out of high school.
More About Grant
Full Name: Grant Randall Gibbs
Birthday: July 22, 1989
Birthplace: Marion, Iowa
Parents: Randy & Judy Gibbs
Brother: Reid (25)
Career Ambition: College basketball coach
Favorite Athlete: Larry Bird
Favorite TV Show: The Wonder Years
Favorite Sports Memory: Winning state tournament junior year of high school
Awards & Honors
MVC Academic Honor Roll
Dale Howard Classic All-Tournament Team
MVC Academic Honor Roll
MVC All-Newcomer Team
MVC Newcomer of the Week, 12/26
MVC Newcomer of the Week, 1/9
MVC Newcomer of the Week, 1/16
20 vs. Illinois State (OT) 3/4/12
8 vs. Illinois State (OT) 3/4/12
Field Goal Attempts
13 vs. Illinois State (OT) 3/4/12
3-Point Field Goals
2 (4x), last vs. Illinois State (OT) 3/4/12
3-Point Field Goals Attempted
4 (2x), last vs. Illinois State 2/1/12
6 (2x), last vs. Southern Illinois 1/15/12
Free Throws Attempted
8 (2x), last vs. Southern Illinois 1/15/12
10 vs. No. 4 North Carolina 3/18/12
12 vs. Northwestern 12/22/11
2 at Tulsa 12/19/11
4 vs. Houston Baptist 12/17/11
39 vs. Nebraska 12/4/11
Jays Video users
returning customers, please login here.