My Account for
2012-13: Junior at Creighton
• Enthusiastic guard who has led the team in charges all three seasons at Creighton.
• Also a strong three-point shooter, he shot a league-best 49.2 percent from downtown in league play as a sophomore.
• Scored nine points and added two steals in win vs. Akron (12/9).
• Had 11 points, six assists and five rebounds in 74-64 win at Cal while also hounding All-America candidate Allen Crabbe into 6-for-26 shooting from the floor.
• Had 13 points, five assists and two steals vs. Evansville (12/29).
• Drained all three shots from 3-point range and finished with 11 points in win at Missouri State (1/11).
• Scored 31 points in team’s first nine games (3.4 ppg.), but has scored 177 points in last 25 games (7.1 ppg.).
• Made all four attempts from three-point range and scored 12 points in 30-point road win at Southern Illinois (1/27).
• Had season-highs with 16 points and five rebounds in MVC Tournament title game win vs. Wichita State (3/10), including crucial basket with 11 seconds left to give team three-point lead.
• Tied career-high with seven assists in NCAA Tournament win vs. Cincinnati (3/22).
• Creighton is 27-3 in his career when he has three or more assists and 18-1 when he makes three or more three-pointers.
• Creighton is 22-2 all-time (with 20 straight wins) when he shoots better than 50 percent from three-point range.
• Team is 19-1 all-time when he makes 3 or more three-pointers, including 17 straight wins and a 6-0 mark this year.
• In MVC-play only, ranked ninth in the MVC in three-point percentage.
• Made last 13 free throws after starting season 7-for-14 at the line.
• Has moved into 10th in Creighton history with 146 career three-pointers.
2011-12: Sophomore at Creighton
• Started every game on Valley Tournament championship team that tied a school-record with 29 wins.
• Voted a team captain along with Antoine Young and Grant Gibbs.
• Led MVC in three-point percentage (.492) in conference games only.
• Ranked third in the MVC in three-point percentage and 10th in three-pointers made per game in all contests.
• Made 6-of-8 shots, including 5-of-7 from downtown, to score career-high 18 points in season-opening win vs. North Carolina A&T (Nov. 11).
• Also made five three-pointers in second game, a win vs. Chicago State (Nov. 13).
• Had 13 points on 4-of-5 shooting in road win at Bradley (Jan. 7), also adding five assists and four rebounds.
• Made 4-of-5 three-point shots and finished with 14 points in road win at Illinois State (Jan. 13).
• Made 5-of-7 three-point shots to score 15 points in win at Drake (Jan. 25).
• Made 3-of-4 trifectas vs. Illinois State and scored 11 points (Feb. 1).
• Made 6-of-8 shots, including 5-of-6 three-point attempts, to score 17 points in win at Southern Illinois (Feb. 14).
• Had 12 points and four assists in overtime win vs. Evansville (Feb. 21).
• Made 4-of-9 three-pointers in two NCAA Tournament games, averaging 7.0 points per game.
• Sank 100th career three-pointer vs. No. 4 North Carolina (March 18) in his 74th career game.
• Team was 10-0 when he scored in double-figures.
• Team improved to 15-0 in his career when he has three or more assists and 12-1 when he makes three or more three-pointers.
Summer 2011: Bahamas Trip
• Averaged 7.3 points in four games in the Bahamas, including two starts.
• Made 6-of-13 three-point shots behind the international line.
• Had 13 points on 5-of-7 shooting against the Mailboat Cybots.
2010-11: Freshman at Creighton
• Named to the MVC’s All-Freshman Team and All-Bench Team.
• Ranked third in the league in MVC games only in three-point percentage at 47.5 percent.
• Averaged 8.1 points in the last 14 games, shooting 55.0 percent from the field (36-70), 41.3 percent from three-point range (19-46) and 71.0 percent at the line (22-31).
• Team went 10-6 with him in the starting lineup.
• Led team with 15 charges taken, including two vs. Wichita State (Jan. 12) and Northern Iowa (March 4).
• Had 12 points and three rebounds in his debut vs. Alabama State (Nov. 12).
• Had 13 points and four assists, as well as first career blocked shot, in win over Kennesaw State (Nov. 26).
• Made his first 11 free throw attempts.
• Has grabbed a career-high six rebounds three times, all against Northern Iowa, including one time where he did it in just nine minutes (Jan. 26).
• Made first start on Jan. 29 vs. Indiana State, finishing with eight points, three rebounds, two assists, two steals and a charge taken.
• Sank four three-point baskets at Bradley (Feb. 1).
• Had nine points on 4-of-5 shooting while adding four rebounds, two steals and two assists at Drake (Feb. 8).
• Recorded 14 points in win over Southern Illinois (Feb. 13), making 3-of-4 shots and 6-of-8 free throws.
• Had eight points and five assists in win vs. Illinois State (Feb. 16).
• Had nine points and three rebounds at Akron (Feb. 19).
• Had 10 points in 15 minutes, making 4-of-5 shots, at Wichita State (Feb. 23).
• Had seven points, six rebounds, and took two charges in win over Northern Iowa (March 4) at the MVC Tournament.
• Made 6-of-7 shots, including 5-of-6 from downtown, to score career-high 17 points in CBI opener vs. San Jose State (March 15).
• Had 11 points and career-highs with seven assists and four steals in win over Oregon (March 21).
Regional Elite Development Academy
• School was located in Hamilton, Ontario, and competed in many prep school showcase tournaments in the United States.
• Won the leadership award at the 2009 Basketball Without Borders Americas event in Mexico City.
• Played for coach Tarry Upshaw.
• Also recruited by Canisius, New Mexico State, Niagara, Maine and Fordham.
• Is the seventh foreign player in Creighton history, and first Canadian.
• Also attended St. Mary’s Catholic Secondary School and Immaculata High School.
• Played for Ottawa Phoenix Basketball Club, where he was coached by Andy Waterman and Adrienne Coddett.
• Was invited to Jordan Brand All-Canada Classic.
More About Jahenns
Full Name: Jahenns-Ley Manigat
Birthday: June 29, 1991
Birthplace: Montreal, Quebec, Canada
Mother: Roselie Bernadin
Siblings: Jimmy (28), Willy (25), Rose (23)
Career Aspiration: Professional basketball player
Favorite Sports Team: Golden State Warriors
Favorite Athletes: Peyton Manning, Chris Paul and Stephen Curry
Favorite Vacation Spot: Bahamas
Favorite Class/Professor at Creighton: Psychology/Dr. Stairs
Favorite TV Shows: The Office, Modern Family, Parks and Recreation
Why Creighton: Great community and best fans in the nation
Hobbies: Playing instruments and playing video games
Nicknames: Canadian Red Bull, Kid Canada, Air Canada
Favorite Sports Memory: Winning MVC Tournament
Awards & Honors
MVC All-Bench Team
MVC All-Freshman Team
18 vs. North Carolina A&T 11/11/11
6 (3x), last vs. Southern Illinois 2/14/12
Field Goal Attempts
10 vs. Chicago State 11/13/11
3-Point Field Goals
5 (5x), last at Southern Illinois 2/14/12
3-Point Field Goals Attempted
10 vs. Chicago State 11/13/11
6 (2x), last at UAB 11/16/11
Free Throws Attempted
8 vs. Southern Illinois 2/13/11
6 (3x), last vs. Northern Iowa 3/4/11
7 vs. Oregon 3/28/11
1 (3x), last vs. Davidson 3/21/11
4 vs. Oregon 3/28/11
37 vs. Oregon 3/28/11
Jays Video users
returning customers, please login here.