2013-14: Senior at Creighton
• Three-year captain who started his final 121 games as a Bluejay.
• Ranks sixth in Creighton history with 206 career three-pointers.
• Won team’s Most Inspirational Award.
• Owned 100 assists and just 25 turnovers, which means he would have ranked third nationally in assist/turnover ratio if he averaged 3.0 assists per game.
• Ranked fifth in the BIG EAST in three-point percentage, 13th in three-pointers per game, 14th in assists/game.
• Led team in charges taken all four seasons.
• Team is 28-1 all-time when he makes 3 or more 3-pointers, including 26 straight wins.
• Team is 27-2 all-time when he shoots better than 50 percent from three-point range, including 24 straight wins.
• Made his final 13 free throw attempts last year and first 10 this season for a streak of 23 straight.
• Opened his senior season with 13 points on seven shots while adding four assists and two steals vs. Alcorn State (Nov. 8).
• Scored 10 points, all in the first half, in romp over Nebraska (Dec. 8).
• Drained 5-of-7 three-pointers to score 15 points in win vs. Chicago State (Dec. 29).
• Had season-highs with 16 points, six assists and six rebounds in BIG EAST opening win vs. Marquette (Dec. 31).
• Had 14 points, four rebounds, four assists and his 100th career steal in his 100th straight start at Seton Hall (Jan. 4).
• Eleven points, six assists, no turnovers in win vs. Xavier (Jan. 12).
• Had career-high 19 points in win at #4 Villanova (Jan. 20).
• Sank three second-half three-pointers in win at Butler (Feb. 13).
• Made 4-of-5 three-pointers to score 14 points vs. DePaul (March 13).
• Led team in steals as a senior.
• Won team’s “Most Inspirational” award.
• Nicknamed the “Canadian Red Bull” because of his energy.
• Also a talented pianist.
2012-13: Junior at Creighton
• Produced season-highs with 16 points and five rebounds in MVC Tournament title game win vs. Wichita State (March 10), including crucial basket with 11 seconds left to give team three-point lead.
• Scored nine points and added two steals in win vs. Akron (Dec. 9).
• Had 11 points, six assists and five rebounds in 74-64 win at Cal (Dec. 15) while also hounding All-America candidate Allen Crabbe into 6-for-26 shooting from the floor.
• Had 13 points, five assists and two steals vs. Evansville (Dec. 29).
• Drained all three shots from 3-point range and finished with 11 points in win at Missouri State (Jan. 11).
• Scored 31 points in team’s first nine games (3.4 ppg.), but scored 181 points in last 27 games (6.7 ppg.).
• Made all four attempts from three-point range and scored 12 points in 30-point road win at Southern Illinois (Jan. 27).
• Tied career high with seven assists in NCAA Tournament win vs. Cincinnati (March 22).
• In MVC-play only, ranked ninth in the MVC in three-point percentage.
• Made last 13 free throws after starting season 7-for-14 at the line.
2011-12: Sophomore at Creighton
• Started every game on Valley Tournament championship team that tied a school-record with 29 wins.
• Voted a team captain along with Antoine Young and Grant Gibbs.
• Led MVC in three-point percentage (.492) in conference games only.
• Ranked third in the MVC in three-point percentage and 10th in three-pointers made per game in all contests.
• Made 6-of-8 shots, including 5-of-7 from downtown, to score career-high 18 points in season-opening win vs. North Carolina A&T (Nov. 11).
• Also made five three-pointers in second game, a win vs. Chicago State (Nov. 13).
• Had 13 points on 4-of-5 shooting in road win at Bradley (Jan. 7), also adding five assists and four rebounds.
• Made 4-of-5 three-point shots and finished with 14 points in road win at Illinois State (Jan. 13).
• Made 5-of-7 three-point shots to score 15 points in win at Drake (Jan. 25).
• Made 3-of-4 trifectas vs. Illinois State and scored 11 points (Feb. 1).
• Made 6-of-8 shots, including 5-of-6 three-point attempts, to score 17 points in win at Southern Illinois (Feb. 14).
• Had 12 points and four assists in overtime win vs. Evansville (Feb. 21).
• Made 4-of-9 three-pointers in two NCAA Tournament games, averaging 7.0 points per game.
• Sank 100th career three-pointer vs. No. 4 North Carolina (March 18) in his 74th career game.
• Team was 10-0 when he scored in double figures.
Summer 2011: Bahamas Trip
• Averaged 7.3 points in four games in the Bahamas, including two starts.
• Made 6-of-13 three-point shots behind the international line.
• Had 13 points on 5-of-7 shooting against the Mailboat Cybots.
2010-11: Freshman at Creighton
• Named to the MVC’s All-Freshman Team and All-Bench Team.
• Ranked third in the league in MVC games only in three-point percentage at 47.5 percent.
• Averaged 8.1 points in the last 14 games, shooting 55 percent from the field (36-70), 41.3 percent from three-point range (19-46) and 71 percent at the line (22-31).
• Team went 10-6 with him in the starting lineup.
• Led team with 15 charges taken, including two vs. Wichita State (Jan. 12) and Northern Iowa (March 4).
• Had 12 points and three rebounds in his debut vs. Alabama State (Nov. 12).
• Had 13 points and four assists, as well as first career blocked shot, in win over Kennesaw State (Nov. 26).
• Made his first 11 free throw attempts.
• Has grabbed a career-high six rebounds three times, all against Northern Iowa, including one time where he did it in just nine minutes (Jan. 26).
• Made first start on Jan. 29 vs. Indiana State, finishing with eight points, three rebounds, two assists, two steals and a charge taken.
• Sank four three-point baskets at Bradley (Feb. 1).
• Had nine points on 4-of-5 shooting while adding four rebounds, two steals and two assists at Drake (Feb. 8).
• Recorded 14 points in win over Southern Illinois (Feb. 13), making 3-of-4 shots and 6-of-8 free throws.
• Had eight points and five assists in win vs. Illinois State (Feb. 16).
• Had nine points and three rebounds at Akron (Feb. 19).
• Had 10 points in 15 minutes, making 4-of-5 shots, at Wichita State (Feb. 23).
• Had seven points, six rebounds, and took two charges in win over Northern Iowa (March 4) at the MVC Tournament.
• Made 6-of-7 shots, including 5-of-6 from downtown, to score season-high 17 points in CBI opener vs. San Jose State (March 15).
• Had 11 points and career-highs with seven assists and four steals in win over Oregon (March 21).
Regional Elite Development Academy
• School was located in Hamilton, Ontario, and competed in many prep school showcase tournaments in the United States.
• Won the leadership award at the 2009 Basketball Without Borders Americas event in Mexico City.
• Played for coach Tarry Upshaw.
• Also recruited by Canisius, New Mexico State, Niagara, Maine and Fordham.
• Is the seventh foreign player in Creighton history, and first Canadian.
• Also attended St. Mary’s Catholic Secondary School and Immaculata High School.
• Played for Ottawa Phoenix Basketball Club, where he was coached by Andy Waterman and Adrienne Coddett.
• Was invited to Jordan Brand All-Canada Classic.
More About Jahenns
Full Name: Jahenns-Ley Manigat
Birthday: June 29, 1991
Birthplace: Montreal, Quebec, Canada
Mother: Roselie Bernadin
Siblings: Jimmy (29), Willy (26), Rose (24)
Career Aspiration: Professional basketball player
Favorite Sports Teams: Golden State Warriors, Indianapolis Colts
Favorite Athlete: Steph Curry
Favorite Vacation Spot: Bahamas
Favorite TV Shows: The Office, Bob’s Burgers
Why Creighton: Great tradition, great fans
Favorite Spot on Campus: Opus Hall
Hobbies: Playing video games
Nicknames: Canadian Red Bull, Jay
Favorite Sports Memory: Lay-up against Wichita State to win Valley Tourney
Thoughts on Joining BIG EAST: Should be a fun ride
Awards and Honors
MVC All-Bench Team
MVC All-Freshman Team
Most Inspirational Award
18 vs. North Carolina A&T 11/11/11
6 (6x), last at #4 Villanova 1/20/14
Field Goal Attempts
12 vs. Marquette 12/31/13
3-Point Field Goals
5 (6x), last vs. Chicago State 12/29/13
3-Point Field Goals Attempted
10 vs. Chicago State 11/13/11
6 (2x), last at UAB 11/16/11
Free Throws Attempted
8 vs. Southern Illinois 2/13/11
7 vs. St. John’s 1/28/14
7 (2x), last vs. Cincinnati 3/22/13
1 (5x), last vs. Wichita State 3/10/13
4 (2x), last at Bradley 2/27/13
39 vs. Wichita State 3/10/13
Jays Video users
returning customers, please login here.