Awards and Honors
- 2012 MVC Scholar-Athlete Honorable Mention
- 2011 MVC Scholar-Athlete First Team2011 MVC Player of the Week, March 21
2012 (Junior at Creighton)
- Named MVC Scholar-Athlete Honorable Mention.
- Staehely appeared in 58 games for the Jays as a junior, starting 57 at shortstop.
- Scored a pair of runs, finishing 2-for-3 from the plate at Central Arkansas on Feb. 19.
- Went four straight games driving in a run (2/24-3/3).
- Had a pair of sacrifice bunts (tying his single-game high) and two RBI at Pacific (3/9).
- Drove in four runs in a 2-for-4 day vs. North Dakota at the CU Sports Complex (3/17).
- Hit the first home run of the season against Evansville (3/31).
- Had two hits, including a double, and drove in one run while scoring another in an 8-0 win over Indiana State (4/8).
- Hit a pair of doubles in the series at Southern Illinois (4/21-4/22).
- Scored two runs and drove in another in the 7-4 win over Bradley.
- Had a season-high three hits, while scoring twice and pushing across one run in the 8-1 win over Nebraska (5/8).
- Walked, scored a run and drove in a run on a single in the win over Nebraska Omaha (5/9).
- Led the team with a two hits in the series opener against Wichita State, scoring a run and driving in another, while also stealing his second base of the season (5/17).
- Picked up his eighth double of the season on a 1-for-3 day against Indiana State in the MVC Tournament opener (5/22).
2011 (Sophomore at Creighton)
- Named First Team All-MVC Scholar-Athlete.
- Started all 61 games at second base; one of four players to start every game (Trever Adams, Chance Ross and Jimmy Swift).
- Finished first on the team, second in the MVC and 18th in the nation with 23 doubles.
- His 23 doubles ranks him tied for seventh in the Creighton record books.
- Drove in three runs and had two hits in the season opener against Toledo at the USA Baseball Training Facility (2/19).
- Swiped a career high two bases against Canisius (2/19).
- Put together an eight-game hitting streak from Feb. 22 - March 7, with a .455 average, six doubles and eight runs driven in.
- Propelled the Bluejays past Kansas (2/22) with a double, triple, RBI and run scored.
- Hit his first home run of the season at Arkansas State (3/7).
- Had his first of three multi-double games at New Mexico (2/27);
- following up with two against South Dakota State (3/13) and three against Portland (4/2).
- Named MVC Player of the Week on March 21 after picking up six hits, three doubles, and driving in seven against South Dakota State (3/13) and at Air Force (3/16).
- Had a 3-for-4 outing against Portland, all three hits were doubles, and drove in two (4/2).
- Put together another eight-game hitting streak from April 2-16.
- Finished with five hits against Southern Illinois (4/22-4/24), including two hits in the first two games each; it marked one of seven back-to-back, multi-hit games on the season.
- Picked up three hits in the NCAA Tournament, one against Oregon State (6/4) and two in the final game of the season against Georgia (6/5).
2010 (Freshman at Creighton)
- Started all 52 games at second base; was one of two Bluejays to start every game at the same position (Ian Dike at first).
- Was just the second true freshman since 1989 (Darin Ruf) to start every game for Creighton.
- Finished the season tied for second in the league with 12 sacrifice bunts, and tied for fifth in sacrifice flies with five.
- Ninth in the league in assists with 152.
- Had first career hit at Stephen F. Austin on Feb. 28.
- Recorded team-best 14-game hitting streak from March 13-April 9, hitting .408 (20-for-49) over that time. That followed a .188 start (6-for-32).
- Had nine multi-hit games, posting three, three-hit games.
- Stole first career base at No. 25 Kansas State on March 16.
- Hit first career home run at Illinois-Chicago on March 19.
- Recorded two games with multiple extra-base hits; posting two doubles at Southern Illinois on March 27 and had a double and triple against Kansas on April 7.
- Had season-high five RBI in May 21 game against New Orleans.
2006-09 (Benet Academy)
- Played baseball for Benet Academy in Lisle, Ill.
- Earned two, first team all-conference nods in high school.
- Was on honor roll all four years at Benet.
- Played for Downers Grove Longshots travel team from 2006-09.
Jays Video users
returning customers, please login here.