|Do's & Don'ts For Boosters
WHO IS A PROSPECT?
- The Prospect reports for regular squad practice;
- The Director of Admissions certifies that the Prospect is officially registered and enrolled at Creighton University on the opening day of classes; or
- The Prospect attends a class or classes in any regular term as a full-time student.
WHO ARE “REPRESENTATIVE OF ATHLETIC INTERESTS” (i.e., Boosters)?
- joined any athletic booster support group (Jaybackers);
- contributed to Creighton University’s athletic program;
- helped arrange employment of enrolled Student-Athletes during the summer or semester break;
- promoted the athletic programs at Creighton University; or
- particpated in a Creighton University athletic program.
- Telephone a Prospect or a Prospect’s family.
- Make an in-person contact with a Prospect or a Prospect’s Family on or off the campus of Creighton University with the intention of encouraging a Prospect’s enrollment and ultimate participation in Creighton athletics.
- Contact Student-Athletes attending another four-year institution regarding his or her possible transfer to Creighton University.
- Approach a Creighton University Coach who is speaking with a Prospect and/or a Prospect’s family at an athletic event.
- Make contact with a Prospect or a Prospect’s family during a Prospect’s Official Visit (this includes contacting a Prospect at an athletic event, entertaining the Prospect, or providing Creighton University tickets for the Prospect.
- Provide cash or an automobile to a Student-Host or Prospect for use during a Prospect’s Official Visit.
- Contact a Prospect’s coach, principal or counselor for the purpose of evaluating a Prospect.
- Obtain game films or transcripts from a Prospect’s school to be used at Creighton University.
- Pay or offer to pay registration fees or other costs related to attendance of summer sports camps for a Prospect.
- Contribute funds to finance a scholarship for a particular Prospect.
- Be directly or indirectly involved in making arrangements for a Prospect of the Prospect’s relatives or friends to receive money, financial aid or an equivalent inducement.
- Entertain high school, preparatory or junior college coaches in any location. This includes providing tickets to a Prospect’s coach to any Creighton University contest.
- Reimburse a Prospect’s coach for expenses incurred in transporting a prospect to visit Creighton University’s campus (unofficially or officially).
BOOSTERS MAY NOT EVER (RELATED TO ENROLLED STUDENT-ATHLETES):
- Provide a Student-Athlete with any extra benefits or special arrangements such as expense money, movie passes, free meals at restaurants or free or reduced housing arrangements.
- Provide preferential treatment or discounted professional services because of a Student-Athlete’s athletic reputation or pay-back potential as a professional athlete.
- Provide use of long distance services free of charge to Student-Athletes.
- Pay a Student-Athlete’s expenses or loan an automobile to a Student- Athlete for use to return home or to travel to another destination for a personal reason or to receive an athletically-related award.
- Provide the use of an automobile or pay for the expense or loan the use of an automobile for any reason. If you are a car dealer, you cannot provide the use of automobile in any way other than you would to other customers.
- Provide a Student-Athlete with an award or gift for his or her athletic participation, even after the Student-Athlete’s graduation and exhaustion of eligibility.
-Employ a Student-Athlete or use his or her picture or name to directly advertise, recommend or promote a commercial product or service (this includes selling or donating to a raffle/auction any item autographed by a current Creighton University Student-Athlete; such items cannot be sold or donated until after the Student-Athlete has graduated from Creighton University).
- Provide the family or friends of Student-Athletes with transportation or housing expenses to visit an enrolled Student-Athlete or attend an away-from-home contest.BOOSTERS MAY:
- Forward general information to appropriate Creighton University Coaches about a prospect.
- Provide the coach of a Prospect with the names of Creighton University Coaches and direct inquiries about any of the athletic programs toward the respective Coach.