Men's Tennis Blanks Hastings on Senior Day
OMAHA, Neb. – The Creighton men’s tennis team blanked visiting Hastings College 7-0 as Billy Paluch celebrated Senior Day in his last match at home in Omaha at the Koch Tennis Center on Sunday afternoon.
Coming off of BIG EAST Player of the Week honors, Paluch led the Bluejays with a pair of wins at both No. 1 singles and No. 1 doubles in his final home match. He surrendered just one game to McKay Inman in a 6-0, 6-1 singles victory and teamed with freshman Jake Norman to edge HC’s Inman and Seton Bachle 8-6 at No. 1 doubles.
Creighton (10-6) swept all nine contests on the day to claim the win over Hastings (7-12).
The Jays opened with the doubles point as sophomore Quinn Dippel paired with freshman Aaron Chalstrom for an 8-5 victory on court two. Sophomore Nick Thompson and freshman Michael Koch rolled to an 8-0 win at No. 3 doubles.
Chalstrom also scored a 6-2, 6-1 victory at No. 3 singles, up three spots from his normal position.
Junior Elliott Baker continued his solid play in a three-set victory at No. 2 singles over Bachle, 4-6, 6-0, and 10-6.
Creighton concludes the regular season in two weeks with a pair of BIG EAST conference matches to be held in Milwaukee April 18-19. The Jays take on host Marquette before facing Butler on a neutral site a day later.
Hastings vs. Creighton
Apr 06, 2014 at Omaha, Neb.
(Koch Tennis Center)
Creighton 7, Hastings 0
1. Billy Paluch (CU) def. McKay Inman (HC) 6-0, 6-1
2. Elliott Baker (CU) def. Seton Bachle (HC) 4-6, 6-0, 10-6
3. Aaron Chalstrom (CU) def. Joe Ritzdorf (HC) 6-2, 6-1
4. August Nysted (CU) def. Issac Mertens (HC) 6-2, 6-0
5. Anthony Rauschenbach (CU) def. Mark Gueswell (HC) 6-3, 6-2
6. Jake Glazer (CU) def. Leland Dexter (HC) 6-0, 6-2
1. Paluch/Jake Norman (CU) def. Inman/Bachle (HC) 8-6
2. Quinn Dippel/Chalstrom (CU) def. Ritzdorf/Gueswell (HC) 8-5
3. Nick Thompson/Michael Koch (CU) def. Kolby Matheny/Tanner Sandvick (HC) 8-0