2011 (Summer with the Rochester Honkers)
• Played in the Northwoods League with the Rochester Honkers.
• Hit five home runs and seven doubles, finishing the season with a .235 average in 98 plate appearances.
2011 (Junior at Creighton)
• Played in 45 games, starting 37 between designated hitter and catcher.
• Started 32 of the 37 games as catcher, including nine of the final 12 games.
• Finished the season with a .274 average, fourth among Bluejays starters.
• Did not commit an error in 234 chances on the season, the only Bluejay with more than 200 chances and a 1.000 fielding percentage.
• Caught nine batters attempting to steal a base while behind the plate.
• Had a double and scored two runs in the season opener against Toledo (2/19), starting at catcher.
• Went 3-for-4 from the plate at New Mexico, with a double and RBI (2/26).
• Drove in the first of four runs in the 4-3 win at Illinois State, lacing a single to left field to get the Bluejays rolling (4/10).
• Finished the series at Indiana State (4/16-4/17) with four hits - two doubles, two runs scored and a run driven in.
• Put together a season-high six game hit-streak, starting with two hits at Wichita State and ending with two hits at Evansville (5/6-5/15).
• Hit .412 (14-for-34) from May 7-21, recording five multi-hit games in that span.
• Recorded a career-high 14 putouts in the MVC Championship game against Wichita State (5/28).
• Picked up two hits in the NCAA Regional, both against Georgia; one in the opening game, along with an RBI, and one in the season finale.
• Had the game-tying RBI in an MVC Tournament game against Missouri State allowing Nick Judkins to score the tying run (5/26).
2010 (Sophomore at Creighton)
• Played in 45 games, starting 42, primarily as a designated hitter.
• Stole his first base and recorded first career triple on April 16 at Bradley.
• Had 12 multi-hit games, including a pair of season-best three hit games in three game span in early March.
• Had first two-double game on March 12 against South Dakota State.
• Hit .375 (9-for-24) in his first seven games of the season.
• Got plunked by multiple pitches three times (six times in his career); at Central Arkansas (2/20), against Kansas (4/7) and at Bradley (4/18).
• Caught three of last five regular season games after serving as designated hitter for nine straight.
• Brought home tying run against Nebraska (4/20) with hit by pitch.
• All three hits in Evansville series (4/30-5/2) went for extra bases (two doubles, home run).
2009 (Freshman at Creighton)
• Played in more games than any freshman on the Bluejay roster.
• Finished third on the squad in home runs (5) and hit by pitch (10).
• Posted a .994 fielding percentage behind the dish.
• Threw out 37 percent of base stealers (7-19).
• Had five multi-hit games and three multi-RBI games.
• Belted a single in his first career at-bat at Sam Houston State (Feb. 20).
• Hit first career home run in game two of the Sam Houston series (Feb. 21).
• Was hit by pitch three times in Feb. 21 Sam Houston State game, coming one away from a school record.
• Posted first career double on Feb. 27 against Dayton.
• Recorded career-high four RBI against Northern Iowa (April 12).
• Scored season-best three runs in May 2 game at Illinois State.
J.K. Mullen High School (2005-08)
• Lettered in baseball his sophomore through senior years.
• Owns school record for highest batting average for a sophomore (.444), junior (.510) and senior (.459).
• Was captain of the team his senior year.
• First-Team All-Centennial League his junior and senior years.
• Going into 2008 was Rawlings/Perfect Game Preseason West Region Top Player.
• Touted as the Rocky Mountain News’ 5A Top Player.
• Also named ESPN Rise Denver’s Top Player.
• Named academic all-state honorable mention.
• Played AA Hockey for Arapahoe in 2004-05.
• Was on a state championship and second place team in the West Regionals.
Creighton Single-Game Highs
Hits: 3, (3x) last at New Mexico, 2/26/11
Doubles: 2, (6x) last at Evansville, 5/15/11
Triples: 1, (2x) last vs. Air Force, 4/27/10
Home runs: 1, (9x) last vs. Evansville, 5/1/10
Total bases: 6, (3x) last vs. Evansville, 5/1/10
RBI: 4, vs. Northern Iowa, 4/12/09
Runs scored: 3, (2x) last vs. Bradley, 5/1/11
Walks: 2, (5x) last at Evansville, 5/14/11
Hit-by-pitch: 3, at Sam Houston State, 2/21/09
Sacrifice bunts: 1, (13x) last at Evansville, 5/13/11
At bats: 5, (10x), last vs. Southern Illinois, 5/26/11
Stolen bases: 1, at Bradley, 4/16/10
More About Scott
Full Name: Scott Daniel Thornburg
Birthday: October 6, 1989
Birthplace: Denver, Colo.
Parents: Dianne and Dan Thornburg
Career Ambition: Become great in whatever he does
Favorite Athlete: Ted Williams
Favorite Movie: Mighty Ducks, The Sandlot
Favorite Food: Anything mexican
Favorite Quote: “Luck is when preparation meets opportunity.” - Seneca
Why Creighton?: Great education and the opportunity to play baseball for a great program