• Started in 55 of 57 games played.
• Led defense with 150 assists.
• Was second on the team with .324 average.
Regular Season Highlights:
• at Washington State (2/22-24) – went 4-4 in the season opener, tying a season-high for hits ... tied a season-high with two doubles.
• at Tennessee-Martin (3/1-2) – went 5-8 with four RBI ... scored five runs, a season-high in a single series ... in the series opener was 3-4 with three RBI, including a double.
• vs. Western Carolina (3/7) – went 4-6 with two runs scored ... six at bats were a season-high.
• vs. Chicago State (3/15-16) - went 4-12 with four runs and five RBI ... in game three went 2-5 with a season-high four RBI ... hit his first home run of the season ... first hit in game three started a season-high seven-game hitting streak.
• vs. Northern Colorado (3/18-19) – went 2-3 with a two-run home run in the opener ... tied a season-high with two hit-by-pitches in the opener as well.
• vs. Missouri State (3/21-23) - went 3-9 with four runs scored ... in the series finale, went 1-1 with two runs scored and two RBI.
• at Evansville (4/25-27) – had a season-high eight hits in the series, going 8-11 (.727) ... in the second game, went a perfect 4-4 with a home run and a double.
• vs. Nebraska (5/13) – went 2-3 with an RBI ... two hits tied a season-high against a Big 12 opponent.
MVC Tournament Highlights:
• vs. Bradley (5/21) – had two walks, a then-season-high
• vs. Missouri State (5/22) – went 2-3 ... had multiple walks in consecutive games for the first time on the season.
Iowa Western Community College (2007)
• Posted a .441 batting average with team-best totals of 20 doubles, three triples and 17 home runs in his only season with the Reivers.
• Won the Rawlings Gold Glove as the nation’s best-fielding second baseman in the NJCAA.
• Scored a school-record 88 runs.
• Played in a team-high 58 games.
• Finished second on the team with 86 hits and 68 RBI.
• Team finished 42-18 and advanced to the JUCO World Series in Grand Junction, Colo.
• His 17 homers tied for the team lead as the squad set a school record with 91 long balls during the season.
• Named first team all-district.
Wayne State College (2006):
• Hit .351, scored 59 runs and notched 45 RBI as a freshman for the Division II Wildcats.
• Named the Wayne State Freshman Athlete of the Year.
• Voted first team all-Northern Sun Conference at second base.
• Led team with 106 total bases and 124 assists.
• Was hit-by-pitch a team-high 17 times.
• Picked up 65 hits, including six home runs.
• Went 5-for-5 in the conference tournament against Southwest Minnesota State.
• Started and played all 53 games for the Wildcats ... Sat out the 2005 season as a redshirt.
High School (2001-04)
Was a member of the Venezuelan Junior National Team in 2001 and 2002 ... His team finished fourth in the 2001 Pan American Games and seventh at the 2002 World Championships.
Birthday: June 15, 1984
Parents: Vincenzo and Nieves Cafaro
Siblings: Walter, Francesco, Nayma and Adriana
Career Ambitions: Play professional baseball; Work in international business
Favorite Athlete: Omar Vizquel
Favorite MLB Team: Yankees
Did You Know?: Has been to more than 10 countries