• Appeared in 49 of team’s 56 games after playing in a combined 23 his first two years.
• Fourth on the team in HBP with eight.
• Posted nine multi-hit games with lone multi-RBI day (2) coming against North Dakota (3/21).
• Hit first career home run against Stony Brook (3/6).
• Also scored three runs in North Dakota game for season-high.
• Posted a career-best three hits against Southern Illinois (3/21).
• Hit .333 when he played in the outfield, and just .243 when he was designated hitter.
• Hit .304 in home games.
• Hit .333 (12-36) when he batted seventh in the order.
• Had the first double of his career at Tennessee-Martin (3/2).
• Tied a season-high with four putouts in same game (3/2).
• Scored a run and season-high two walks against Michigan State (3/8).
• Went 2-4 with two RBIs and a run in two games against Chicago State (3/15-16)
• Was a season-best 2-2 and scored a run in series opener against Illinois State (3/29-30).
• Went 1-1 with a run scored against Southern Illinois in the MVC Tournament (5/23).
• Named 2008 NSCA All-American Strength and Conditioning Athlete of the Year.
• Played in his first two career games.
• Earned his first career start on 3/11 against Saint Louis.
Southwest High School (2003-06)
Played baseball, football and basketball ... Was selected MVP of his baseball team his junior and senior year ... Earned Lincoln Southwest Athlete of the Year honors his senior year ... Was selected as Nebraska’s Gatorade Player of the Year, Nebraska’s Louisville Slugger Player of the Year and earned Louisville Slugger All-American honors his senior season ... Earned first team all-conference in baseball, football, and basketball his junior and senior seasons ... Was first team all-state as a senior and junior in baseball and football ... Was named Lincoln Journal Star’s and Omaha World-Herald’s Athlete of the Year ... Led the state of Nebraska with a .543 batting average, drove in 36 RBI, had 64 hits and 11 doubles as a senior.
Birthday: March 17, 1988
Parents: Jack and Karen Dike
Siblings: Emily, Andrew and twins Erin & Elizabeth
Major: Business Finance
Why Creighton?: Close to home, the people
Did You Know?: Holds the school record in the power clean at 140 kg (309 lbs)
|High School:||Lincoln Southwest HS|