• Led league in chances (609) and putouts (554).
• Posted a team-high 67 strikeouts.
• One of two Bluejays to start all 52 games at the same
• Scored three runs and had a two-run double vs.
• Had pivotal, two-out, two-run double in 3-2 win at Central
• Scored two runs in 9-8 win at Stephen F. Austin (2/28).
• Started season with six-game hit streak (.333).
• Homered and notched career-high two doubles and three RBI
at Sam Houston St. (3/7)
• Struck out a career high three times at Kansas (3/23).
• Posted game-winning double in first game of DH at SIU
(3/27), breaking an 0-for-10, seven strikeout slump.
• Blasted the team's first three-run homer of the season at
Rosenblatt Stadium against Indiana State (4/2).
• Went 2-for-4 at Nebraska (4/6) with his ninth double of
• Hit fourth home run of season against Illinois State
• Recorded at least one hit in each game of Bradley series
(4/16-18), capping run of 12-for-13 games with a hit (17-for-46, .370).
• Posted two hits with an RBI double in game two of Missouri
State series (4/25).
• Matched career-high with three-RBI in game three (5/2) of
• Blasted fifth home run of the year against Seattle (5/15).
• Hit sixth home run against Nebraska (5/19)
• Hit first two triples of his career in back-to-back games
of DH against New Orleans (5/21).
• Appeared in 49 of team’s 56 games after playing in a combined 23 his first two years.
• Fourth on the team in HBP with eight.
• Posted nine multi-hit games with lone multi-RBI day (2) coming against North Dakota (3/21).
• Hit first career home run against Stony Brook (3/6).
• Also scored three runs in North Dakota game for season-high.
• Posted a career-best three hits against Southern Illinois (3/21).
• Hit .333 when he played in the outfield, and just .243 when he was designated hitter.
• Hit .304 in home games.
• Hit .333 (12-36) when he batted seventh in the order.
• Had the first double of his career at Tennessee-Martin (3/2).
• Tied a season-high with four putouts in same game (3/2).
• Scored a run and season-high two walks against Michigan State (3/8).
• Went 2-4 with two RBIs and a run in two games against Chicago State (3/15-16)
• Was a season-best 2-2 and scored a run in series opener against Illinois State (3/29-30).
• Went 1-1 with a run scored against Southern Illinois in the MVC Tournament (5/23).
• Named 2008 NSCA All-American Strength and Conditioning Athlete of the Year.
• Played in his first two career games.
• Earned his first career start on 3/11 against Saint Louis.
Southwest High School (2003-06)
Played baseball, football and basketball ... Was selected MVP of his baseball team his junior and senior year ... Earned Lincoln Southwest Athlete of the Year honors his senior year ... Was selected as Nebraska’s Gatorade Player of the Year, Nebraska’s Louisville Slugger Player of the Year and earned Louisville Slugger All-American honors his senior season ... Earned first team all-conference in baseball, football, and basketball his junior and senior seasons ... Was first team all-state as a senior and junior in baseball and football ... Was named Lincoln Journal Star’s and Omaha World-Herald’s Athlete of the Year ... Led the state of Nebraska with a .543 batting average, drove in 36 RBI, had 64 hits and 11 doubles as a senior.
Birthday: March 17, 1988
Parents: Jack and Karen Dike
Siblings: Emily, Andrew and twins Erin & Elizabeth
Major: Business Finance
Why Creighton?: Close to home, the people
Did You Know?: Holds the school record in the power clean at 140 kg (309 lbs)