• Finished fourth in the MVC with 10 sac bunts.
• Led team in numerous offensive categories including sac bunts, doubles (16), HBP (9) and stolen bases with 10 in 13 attempts.
• Started all 52 games; one of just five Bluejays to do so.
• Hit in every spot in lineup except first and ninth, with his most starts coming in the two-hole where he hit .324 in 18 games.
• Made just five errors for a .966 fielding percentage; both good for best among the MVC’s regular third basemen.
• Recorded two stretches (2/20-3/27, 4/7-30) of 16 games without an error.
• Had 17 multi-hit games.
• Started season by matching a career-high with four hits against Southern Illinois Edwardsville in Conway, Ark. (2/20).
• Belted go-ahead home run at #25 Kansas State (3/16), finishing 2-for-2 with two runs, marking first of two games with multiple extra-base hits.
• Homered in back-to-back games with long ball at Kansas State and Illinois-Chicago.
• Set career-high in runs with four against Northern Colorado (3/5).
• Posted a four-hit, four-run game at Iowa on April 28.
• Ended regular season with four straight multiple hit games.
• Hit .390 (16-for-41) over the last nine games of the season, scoring eight runs and posting six doubles.
• Named Missouri Valley Conference Player of the Week on March 30.
• Earned MVC Scholar-Athlete of the Week honors on April 2.
• Named to MVC All-Tournament Team at third base.
• Finished second on team in sacrifice flies with four.
• One of five Bluejays to start all 56 games and hit over .300 (.301) on the season.
• Had three hit streaks of seven games.
• Batted .500 in second of those three (3/21-29).
• Hit .413 (19-46) in 13 game stretch (3/21-4/7) in which he hit safely in 12 of 13 games.
• Had 15 multi-hit games and seven multi-RBI games.
• Belted first career home run in season opener at Sam Houston State (2/20) and recorded first career double in next game (2/21).
• Had career-high four hits against South Dakota State (3/15).
• Batted .462 (6-13) with five runs over four games at Missouri Valley Conference Tournament.
• Homered against Albany (3/7) and vs. Southern Illinois (3/29).
• Stole two bases in Southern Illinois game on March 28.
2008 (Redshirt Freshman)
• Played in 14 games his rookie season, including one start.
• Picked up two RBI.
• Made his first appearance as a Bluejay at Washington State (2/23).
• Made his first career start in the Tennessee-Martin series finale (3/2).
• Picked up his first career hit in the second game of the Chicago State doubleheader (3/16), playing in three of four games in the series.
• One of six freshmen to redshirt in their first season in the program.
Dowling Catholic High School (2003-06)
• Lettered as a junior and senior in football, basketball and baseball.
• Named first team all-Central Iowa Metro League in baseball and football and second team in basketball as a senior.
• Two-time all-state honoree in baseball, earning first team laurels as a junior and second team honors as a senior.
• Led team to a combined 57-20 in two seasons on varsity baseball, capturing the conference title as a senior with a 15-4 mark.
• On the gridiron, he was earned first team all-state, all-conference and all-area as a senior.
• Made the presidential honor roll all eight semesters of high school.
Birthday: December 21, 1987
Parents: Jim and Robin
Siblings: Dan and Brad
Career Ambitions: Be a successful businessman
Favorite Athlete: Alex Rodriguez
Favorite Food: Buffalo chicken pizza from The Union
Favorite Junk Food: Ice cream
Dream Vacation Spot: Bora Bora
People He Most Admires: His parents
Favorite Location on Campus: Becker Dining Hall
Gameday Superstitions: Eat at Lisa’s Radial Cafe and put on left sock first
Nicknames: Jimbo, Bo, Swifty
|Hometown:||West Des Moines, Iowa|
|High School:||Dowling Catholic HS|