• Named First Team CoSIDA/ESPN The Magazine Academic All-District VII.
• Was named to First Team of MVC Scholar-Athlete team.
• Named a preseason Top Three Power Threat by collegebaseballinsider.com.
• Finished eighth in the league with 50 RBI and tied for fourth with four triples.
• Started all 52 games.
• Posted a hit in 21 of the first 24 games.
• Was second on team in home runs (8), RBI (5), total bases (102) and slugging (.510).
• Threw out potential tying run at the plate with two outs in the ninth inning at Central Arkansas (2/20).
• Scored two runs in both games at Lumberjack Classic (2/27-28), doubling in game one.
• Hit first home run of season at UT-Arlington on March 10.
• Posted nine-game hit streak from Feb. 27-Mar. 13.
• Had two RBI and a double in 2-for-4 performance at #25 Kansas State (3/16).
• Had second career two-homer game, and was part of back-to-back home runs with Trever Adams at UIC (3/19).
• Had third straight game with an extra-base hit at Kansas (3/23), posting a double and a home run.
• Hit .385 in SIU series (3/26-27), going 5-for-13, and also tying game three with two out in the ninth inning on an RBI-single
• Two-hit game in second game on 3/27 was fifth in six contests.
• Hit .429 in Indiana State series (6-for-14), posting his fourth straight two-hit game and knocking in the winning run in the ninth inning of game three (4/4).
• Posted season-high three hits with 3-for-4, two RBI game vs. Seattle (5/15).
• Totaled seven RBI in New Orleans series (5/21-22), belting a home run in his final at-bat at home.
• Was an All-Missouri Valley Conference Honorable Mention pick as an outfielder.
• Earned two MVC Player of the Week awards, which came on March 9 and May 4.
• Named Missouri Valley Conference Scholar-Athlete Honorable Mention and to CU Dean’s List.
• Named MVC Scholar-Athlete of the Week on May 6.
• Hit .320 with seven home runs and 29 RBIs in non-conference contests.
• Led Creighton in home runs (9), slugging (.526) triples (4, with Robbie Knight), total bases (113).
• Was team’s best road hitter with .360 mark.
• Flashed wheels to go along with power, swiping seven bags, good for second on the team.
• Posted most outfield assists with eight.
• One of six Jays to start all 56 games.
• Made six appearances on the mound, going 0-1.
• Finished season on mound with two scoreless appearances (4/28 and 5/14).
• Had two eight-game hit streaks; the first coming to start the season and the second stretching from April 24 to May 8.
• Had 15 multi-hit and eight multi-RBI games.
• Posted career best six RBIs and three runs against Albany (3/7).
• Collected three hits seven different times; the last coming in the MVC Championship Game against Wichita State (5/23).
• Had two home runs against South Dakota State (3/15); the only Bluejay to do so in 2009.
• Recorded two doubles and four RBIs in 15-0 win at Nebraska on April 7.
• Had five game stretch (3/3-8) where he hit .450 (9-20) with seven runs, 10 RBIs and three home runs (one in three straight games) to earn first POW honor.
• Second player of the week honor included a five-game stretch (4/28-5/3) of a .435 average (10-23), five runs, 10 RBIs, three doubles, a triple and a home run.
• Earned spot on Creighton’s Dean’s List.
• MVC Scholar-Athlete Honorable Mention.
• Had a then-career-high in home runs with three.
• Made his first career appearance on the mound.
• Only player on the team to start a game on the mound and in the field.
• One of two pitchers on the staff to pitch at least 25.0 innings without giving up a home run (Bobby Lackovic).
• Made his first career appearance on the mound at Washington State (2/24), as he threw a scoreless inning, striking out two
• Was 1-2 with his first RBI of the season in that same game.
• Went 2-4 with two runs scored in the first game of the Chicago State doubleheader (3/16), also posting his first career triple and stolen base.
• Set a career-high for total bases with 10.
• Recorded his first career win as a pitcher in game two of Chicago State doubleheader.
• Went 2-4 with a season-high three RBI vs. Northern Colorado on March 18.
• Had his longest outing of the season at Bradley (4/5), throwing 3.2 innings of shutout ball.
• Came in relief to earn his first career save at Bradley (4/5).
• Went 2-3 with two runs scored and three RBI vs. Evansville on 4/27, hitting his third home run of the season.
• Hit a pinch hit three-run home run vs. Bradley (5/21) in his only at bat.
• Named to the Dean’s List.
• Played 23 games, including 10 starts.
• Made his collegiate debut at Oklahoma (3/7), coming off the bench.
• Got first career hit vs. South Dakota State (3/13).
• Made his first career start at Kansas State (4/11), going 0-2 with a walk.
• Went 2-5 in the Bradley series (4-14/15), going 1-4 with his first home run and an outfield assist in game one.
• Played all three games at Indiana State (4/20-22), marking first time he played in every game of a series.
• Went 2-3 in the opener with the first two doubles of his career, giving him a season-high in hits and extended his hitting streak to three.
• Had season-highs in runs scored (3), RBI (2) and walks (3) vs. Bradley (5/25).
• Made his 10th start of the season vs. Oklahoma State (6/1), going 0-3.
Dowling Catholic High School (2003-06)
Earned athletic letters in baseball, football and basketball ... Helped lead his team to a 33-9 record his senior season and a sub-state runner-up finish ... Was voted team MVP his junior and senior seasons ... Awarded the Lanny Pederson award for the best baseball student-athlete in the state of Iowa ... Earned the Large Schools West MVP in the Iowa East/West All-Star game in Clinton, Iowa ... Was first team all-conference as a junior and senior ... Picked up first team all-area and all-state honors as a junior and a senior ... Played in the Iowa East/West All-Star Game ... Finished his high school career with a 4.0 GPA ... Earned a spot on the Presidential Honor Roll all eight semesters of high school ... Was selected as his school’s top male student-athlete as a senior ... Was a teammate of current Bluejay Jimmy Swift.
Birthday: June 29, 1987
Parents: Tim and Maribeth Roemmich
Siblings: Ben, Maegan and Mandi
Why Creighton?: Combination of athletics and academics
Favorite Athletes: Kirby Puckett and Barry Bonds
Favorite MLB Team: Twins
Did You Know?: Homered in his first high school varsity at-bat as a sophomore
|Hometown:||West Des Moines, Iowa|
|High School:||Dowling Catholic HS|