2012: Junior at Creighton
• Junior who was a top reserve among both outside hitters and right-side hitters.
• Had season-highs with six kills and two blocks vs. Denver (9/1) in lone start of 2012.
• Had two kills and two blocks off the bench vs. Drake (9/22).
• Will graduate in the spring and was honored during team’s Senior Day.
• Started 16 matches last season, averaging 1.64 kills and 1.94 digs per set.
• Blogged regularly on the volleyball page at GoCreighton.com.
2011: Sophomore at Creighton
• Sophomore outside hitter who started 16 matches and provided a spark off the bench in several others.
• Had eight kills and 12 digs in first career start at Kansas State (Aug. 30).
• Notched (then) career-highs during first double-double with 13 kills and 16 digs during win over South Dakota (Sept. 3).
• Had seven kills vs. Weber State while hitting .400 (Sept. 9).
• Came off the bench for eight kills in win at Southern Illinois (Sept. 24) and had six kills and five digs off the bench in win over Evansville (Oct. 22).
• Had nine kills and 15 digs in win at Illinois State (Oct. 29).
• Had 10 kills and 10 digs to produce a double-double in win over Wichita State (Nov. 4).
• Nine kills, 10 digs and a career-high six blocks at Bradley (Nov. 12).
• Had her third double-double of the fall at Drake on Nov. 19, finishing with 13 digs and a career-high 14 kills in five-set win while also adding four stuffs.
• Named MVC Scholar-Athlete of the Week on Nov. 25.
2010: Freshman at Creighton
• Made first regular-season appearance in third set at Southern Illinois (Sept. 17), finishing with one attack attempt.
• Had one dig and three attack attempts in win over Bradley (Sept. 25).
• Notched first two career kills, as well as a dig, in third set of win at Indiana State (Oct. 2).
• Had two digs in third set of win at Bradley (Oct. 22).
• Finished with one kill on four swings and a dig in third set of win over Evansville (Nov. 19).
• Recorded three kills, nine digs and two blocks in Blue/White exhibition match (Aug. 21).
• Had 11 digs, six kills and a block in April 22 exhibition against Chinese team Tianjin Bridgestone.
Algona High School
• Had 1,494 kills, 716 digs, 155 blocks and 130 aces in her high school career.
• Averaged 4.4 kills, 2.1 digs, 0.6 blocks and 0.5 aces per set as a senior.
• Averaged 4.9 kills, 2.2 digs and 0.5 aces per set as a junior as team went 36-3.
• Team went 37-2 her senior year and was 133-24 in her four seasons.
• Team went 35-1 in North Central Conference play in her career while winning four conference titles and three tournament titles.
• Owns school record for kills per set (4.9) and most kills in a three-set match (28).
• Named to State 3A All-Tournament Team as a sophomore.
• Won team’s “Best Offense” award her final three years and her team’s “Hammer” Award as a freshman.
• Four-time first-team all-conference, all-area and all-district pick as well as two-time first-team all-state selection.
• Also two-time team MVP in volleyball.
• Earned Academic All-State accolades in volleyball and basketball.
• Earned 11 varsity letters including four in both volleyball and basketball and three in track.
• Owns school record for career points, three-pointers and rebounds in basketball.
• Second-team all-state pick in basketball.
• Participated in the Iowa Senior All-Star Game.
• Played club volleyball for Iowa Central Volleyball Club and coach Sara Horn.
• High school coaches were Shelly TerHark (volleyball), Brian Connick (track) and Brad Sudol (basketball).
Creighton Awards & Honors
2010-11 Dean’s List
2010-11 MVC Academic Honor Roll
2011 MVC Scholar-Athlete of the Week, 11/25
2011-12 Dean’s List
2011-12 MVC Academic Honor Roll
2011-12 MVC Commissioner’s Academic Excellence Award
More About Natalie
Full Name: Natalie Anne Hackbarth
Birthday: Sept. 29, 1991
Birthplace: Fort Dodge, Iowa
Parents: Bruce and Jennifer Hackbarth
Siblings: Jessica Gustafson (26) and Melanie Moss (24)
Major: Journalism/Public Relations
Favorite TV Show: Friends
Worth Noting: Mom played volleyball while Dad was on track team at South Dakota, and sister Melanie played volleyball at Indian Hills Community College
Why Creighton: Good academic reputation and a caring community
Favorite Vacation Spot: Costa Rica
Player I Model My Game After: Kerri Walsh
Favorite Quote: “If it was easy, everyone would be doing it.”
Favorite Class/Professor at Creighton: Editing/Carol Zuegner
Best Volleyball Memory: Beating Iowa State in the 2010 NCAA Tournament
Hobbies: Hiking, being outdoors
Favorite Athlete: Kerri Walsh
Favorite Part of Ryan Athletic Center: Cleanliness
Favorite Celebrity: Johnny Depp
Team I Wish We Could Play: Minnesota (again)