2011 (Junior at Creighton)
• Started 44 of the 47 games in which he appeared, primarily in the designated hitter position.
• Hit .273 with a .377 on base percentage and a .383 slugging percentage in his season debut with the Bluejays.
• Finished second on the team and sixth in the MVC, getting hit by 11 pitches.
• Started off the season with a 3-for-4 performance against Toledo, hitting a double and scoring two runs (2/19).
• Was hit-by-pitch four times in the first four games, twice against Canisius (2/19).
• Picked up three hits and scored three runs in the four-game series at New Mexico (2/25-2/27).
• Put together a strong Spring Break trip, going 5-of-14 from the plate (.357), with two doubles, five runs and three runs driven in.
• Continued his hot-hitting at Air Force, going 5-for-7 from the plate, including a double and a triple, and scoring three runs in the double header (3/16).
• Scored a run in six straight games from April 2-10, highlighted by scoring three times in a 2-for-4 performance from the plate at Illinois State (4/9).
• Picked up a hit in seven consecutive games from April 26 - May 10, including two multi-hit games.
• Hit his first home run of the season against Bradley, capping off a 3-for-5 day from the plate with a career-high five runs driven in and three runs scored (5/1).
• Proved to be a thorn in Bradley’s side, going 2-for-2 from the plate with a solo home run and three runs scored in the May 25 MVC Tournament meeting.
2010 (Redshirted at Creighton)
• Did not play during his first season as a Bluejay because of injury.
2007-09 (New Mexico Junior College)
• Was named team MVP his sophomore season.
• Earned team’s Jack Poyner Award for leadership.
• Named to the WJCAC All-Star Team his freshman season.
• Named to the Canadian National Collegiate team in the summer.
• Competed at the World Baseball Challenge from July 18-26 in Prince George, B.C.
• Amassed a .353 average with 11 home runs, 58 RBIs and 41 stolen bases in his two seasons at NMJC.
• Named to NMJC’s honor roll his freshman year.
• Spent the 2009 summer with the Wisconsin Woodchucks of the Northwoods League.
• Played in 35 games, batting .235 with five doubles, a home run, 15 RBIs and three stolen bases.
• Was teammates on that team with current and former Bluejays Carson Vitale, Brandon Koenigstein, Jimmy Swift and Jonas Dufek.
2004-07 (Morden Collegiate Institute)
• Played baseball and hockey at Morden High School in Morden, Manitoba.
• Graduated from Morden Collegiate Institute in 2007.
Creighton Single-Game Highs
Hits: 3, (4x) last vs. Bradley, 5/1/11
Doubles: 1, (9x) last vs. Bradley, 5/1/11
Triples: 1, at Air Force, 3/16/11
Home runs: 1, (2x) last vs. Bradley, 5/25/11
Total bases: 7, vs. Bradley, 5/1/11
RBI: 5, vs. Bradley, 5/1/11
Runs scored: 3, (3x) last vs. Bradley, 5/25/11
Walks: 2, (2x) last vs. Southern Illinois, 4/22/11
Hit-by-pitch: 2, (2x) last at Illinois State, 4/10/11
Sacrifice bunts: 1, (5x) last at Illinois State, 5/9/11
At bats: 5, (7x) last vs. Southern Illinois, 4/22/11
Stolen bases: 1, (3x), last vs. Missouri State, 5/19/11
More About Michael
Full Name: Michael Mackenzie Mutcheson
Birthday: November 15, 1989
Birthplace: Morden, Manitoba, Canada
Parents: Ray and Candace Mutcheson
Siblings: Lindsay (29) and Brock (27)
Career Ambition: Play professional baseball
Favorite Athlete: Wayne Gretzky
Favorite Movie: Young Guns
Favorite Food: Steak
Favorite Quote: “Eh”
Why Creighton?: The baseball program and the education
|High School:||Morden Collegiate Institute|
|Other College:||New Mexico JC|