• Played in 29 games, getting 10 starts in the outfield and at designated hitter.
• Was Creighton’s main pinch-runner off the bench, hitting .375 with six runs and a stolen base in non-starting situations.
• Posted first hit and RBI of career with a triple against Illinois State on April 10.
• Made first start of his career the next day against the Redbirds (April 11).
• Posted hits in five of his last six games, hitting .500 (6-for-12) with a pair of doubles and three runs.
• Had the fourth most HBP on the team despite having just 42 plate appearances.
• Recorded first career double against Evansville May 1.
• Had career-best two hits against Seattle on May 16.
• Was caught stealing for the first time in his career after four successful attempts on May 21 vs. New Orleans.
• Made 15 appearances and led the team in games as a sub with 15.
• Made 10 pinch-running appearances and had two pinch-hit at-bats (0-2).
• Made collegiate debut at Sam Houston State with pinch-running appearance (2/20).
• Scored first career run on March 28 against Southern Illinois.
• Stole first career base at Evansville (4/4).
• Bowens did not appear in a game during his freshman season.
Libertyville High School (2004-07)
• Led Libertyville High to a 22-14 record and a second-place finish in the North Suburban Conference as a senior.
• He was named first-team all-conference and all-area following the season.
• Went 5-for-5 in a game during his senior season, hitting for the cycle with two homers.
• Also a talented football player for the Wildcats, he committed to play free safety at Drake before deciding to play baseball in college.
• As a senior on the gridiron, he led his team to a 10-1 record and the conference championship.
• He earned all-conference and all-area recognition and was the team MVP.
• Selected to the Academic All-State team his senior season.
• Named an Academic All-Conference as a junior and senior in both football and baseball.
• Football team won the state championship his sophomore season.
• Member of the National Honor Society and Fellowship of Christian Athletes.
• Also participated in Peer Mediation.
• Coached defensive backs and special teams for a traveling youth football team for four years.
• On the honor roll all four years at Libertyville.
Birthday: August 11, 1988
Parents: Kevin and Pat
Major: Exercise Science
Career Ambitions: Go to med school
Favorite Athlete: Walter Payton
Favorite Movie: Into the Wild
Favorite Food: Chocolate milk
Dream Vacation Spot: Whistler Blackcomb, Whistler BC, Canada
Person He Most Admires: His father
Like to Have Dinner With: President Obama
Favorite Junk Food: Mike & Ike’s
Gameday Superstition: Tie a quadruple knot in each cleat
Favorite Quote: “Hakuna Matata”
|High School:||Libertyville HS|