• Named to the 2010 Preseason all-MVC Team. • Earned Best Defensive Outfielder, Top Three Pure Hitter
and Hitter You Would Least Want to Face in collegebaseballinsider.com 2010 MVC
Preview. • Named the Rev. Carl M Reinert, S.J. Male Scholar-Athlete
of the Year. • Finished career tied for fourth on NCAA's all-time HBP
list with 81. • Played in 30 games, starting 29. • Hit game-winning home run at Central Arkansas (2/20), his
first of the season. • Went 2-for-4 with an RBI in both opening day games vs.
SIU-Edwardsville and at Central Arkansas (2/20). • Batted .455 at Lumberjack Classic, going 2-for-5 against
Northwestern State (2/27) and 3-for-6 against Stephen F. Austin (2/28). • Had back-to-back three hit games at Stephen F. Austin and
vs. Northern Colorado (3/5). • Went 7-for-16 (.438) at Bearkat Invitational with seven
runs, four RBI and three doubles. • Posted career-high three doubles vs. Northern Colorado
(3/5). • Saw streaks of 106 starts and 153 games played end on March
14. • 14-game hit streak ended at #25 Kansas State (3/16). • Made first career start at DH after 187 games at UIC
(3/19). • Went 2-for-3 at Kansas (3/23), scoring a run. • Re-injured hamstring in third game of Indiana State series
(4/4). • Posted a pinch-hit double against Nebraska (4/20), marking
his first hit in nearly a month. • Made first appearance since April 20 game against Nebraska
against Seattle on 5/15. • Made second straight start against Seattle on 5/16, going
3-for-5 with a two-run walk-off double in the ninth inning. • Posted two hits against Nebraska (5/19). • Scored two runs in three of last four games. • Belted second home run of season to lead off home half of
first vs. New Orleans (5/22).
• Finished season eighth all-time on Division I career hit by pitch list with 72.
• Was a second team all-MVC pick.
• Named MVC All-Tournament Team in one of the three outfield slots.
• Also a member of the MVC Scholar-Athlete First Team.
• Finished sixth in the MVC in batting (.344).
• Was third in the league in on-base percentage (.460).
• Tallied 36 walks, good for fifth in the league.
• Led the league in plate appearances (277).
• Led team in batting average, on-base percentage, walks, runs, plate appearances and doubles (18).
• Second in The Valley with a .495 on-base percentage in league play.
• Had a perfect 1.000 fielding percentage.
• One of six Bluejays to start all 56 games.
• Posted two hit streaks of 12 games or more; the first a 16-game streak (3/11-4/5) and the second a 12-game stretch (4/15-5/3).
• Put together streak of 11 straight games with an RBI (4/15-5/3).
• Had multiple RBI-game 10 times.
• Had 19 multi-hit games.
• Went a perfect 4-4 with a run and an RBI in 6-3 win over Notre Dame (3/1).
• Came a home run short of the cycle in 4-5, three RBI day against North Dakota (3/24).
• Was 3-3 with two RBIs and tied a career high with four runs, coming a double short of the cycle, in 14-1 win over Northern Iowa (4/12).
• Went 5-16 (.313) with three runs and six RBIs in MVC Tournament (5/20-23).
• Broke Creighton’s career hit-by-pitch record against Illinois State on March 29.
• Led the MVC with 24 HBP in 2008, ranking seventh nationally.
• Led the team and ranked third in the MVC with 64 runs scored, including 18 first-inning tallies.
• Tied for team lead with nine stolen bases.
• Second on team with 19 multi-hit games in 2008, totaling 35 at season’s end.
• Had career day at the plate at #14 Missouri on May 6, going 5-for-5 with two home runs, three RBI and three runs scored.
• Only Creighton player with five hits in a game.
• Launched two of his three homers against Missouri, including a leadoff dinger.
• Went 8-for-12 with nine runs scored in four game series against Chicago State.
• Set team season high with four runs against Michigan State at the Rice Classic (3/8).
• Had a pair of games with two doubles against Evansville (3/25, 27) and finished second on the team with 15 for the season.
• Scored at least one run in 40 games and plated multiple runs in 18 contests.
• Was hit by multiple pitches in a game on four occasions.
• Hit .457 (21-46) during 11-game hitting streak from April 25-May 13.
• Named MVC Player of the Week on May 12 and to College Baseball Foundation All-Star Lineup.
2007 (Redshirt Freshman)
• Set an NCAA single-season record after being hit by 35 pitches.
• Scored 11 game-winning runs and had three game-winning RBIs.
• Recorded 16 multi-hit and six multi-RBI games • Led the team with 12 stolen bases.
• Finished second on the squad with 51 runs, fourth with 10 sacrifice bunts and fifth with 58 hits and 20 walks.
• On-base percentage of .417 was fourth-best on the team.
• Was hit by a pitch to lead off a game 11 times.
• Set single-game school record after being hit four times against Oklahoma (3/7).
• Was 20-for-59 (.339) with runners in scoring position, including 5-for-9 with bases loaded.
• Hit safely in seven of the first eight games of the season.
• Had four hits in game two of a doubleheader at Arkansas-Little Rock on March 3.
• Recorded another four-hit game against Southern Illinois on May 6.
• Had career-high two doubles in 4-for-5 performance against the Salukis.
• Posted two three-hit games against North Dakota State (3/17 and 5/9)
• Drove in career-high three runs against Southern Illinois (5/6) and Bradley (5/25)
• Scored career-high four runs at Indiana State (4/20) and at North Dakota State (5/9)
• Went 2-for-5 with two RBIs and two runs scored in 9-2 win over Nebraska on May 15 at Rosenblatt Stadium.
• Hit .367 with two outs in an inning.
• Had six outfield assists and 111 putouts.
Kansas State University (2006)
• Redshirted his freshman year at Kansas State.
• Made the Big 12 Commissioner’s Honor Roll.
Millard North High School (2002-05)
Played baseball, football and basketball for Millard North High School ... Baseball team was undefeated, won the state championship and finished third in the nation his senior year ... Was the Nebraska Gatorade Player of the Year in baseball his senior year ... Team was the state runner-up his junior season ... Football team was state runner-up his senior year ... Was selected first-team all-state at defensive back his senior year ... He earned Louisville Slugger All-America honors as a senior ... Selected first-team all-state as a senior in baseball and named honorary captain ... Played in the Collin-Orcutt All-Star Game.
Birthday: August 18, 1986
Parents: Rob and Julie Knight
Siblings: Kelli and Dan
Did You Know?: Dad played baseball at Kansas State, grandfather played tennis at Kansas State and other grandfather played football and golf at Oklahoma State