Awards and Honors
- 2015 BIG EAST Preseason Co-Pitcher of the Year.
- 2015 Collegiate Baseball/Louisville Slugger Preseason Second Team All-American.
- 2014 Collegiate Baseball/Louisville Slugger Second Team All-American.
- 2014 All-BIG EAST First Team.
(Sophomore at Creighton)
- Despite beginning the season as the fourth starter, Warren delivered a breakout season in 2014. He led Creighton in wins (10), ERA (2.03), innings (84.1) and strikeouts (45).
- His performance as a sophomore earned Warren a spot on the
- Collegiate Baseball/Louisville Slugger All-American Second Team.
- Warren was named to the All-BIG EAST First Team on May 19.
- Warren’s season began with a 6.2 inning relief effort against
- Minnesota on Feb. 22 as he helped the Bluejays earn their first victory. Warren held the Golden Gophers to two runs on six hits.
- Matt was even better against Charlotte on March 1, limiting the 49ers to one run on four hits in six innings. Warren’s performance was recognized with a spot on the BIG EAST Honor Roll.
- Matt cemented his role as the Bluejays’ top starter, earning his fourth win of 2014 with 5.2 innings of one-run ball on March 21 in the Bluejays’ 2-1 win over Fresno State.
- Warren extended his 2014 record to 6-0 with 7.2 innings against North Dakota, allowing just two runs (one earned) on three hits and five walks.
- Matt became the first Bluejay since 2012 to toss a complete game as well as a shutout as he blanked Georgetown, 2-0, on April 11.
- Despite having his start pushed back by a dental issue, Warren extended his scoreless streak to 16 innings with seven innings at Villanova in the Bluejays’ 4-0 win on April 19.
- Matt moved to 9-0, limiting Butler to one run on six hits in seven innings on April 25.
(Freshman at Creighton)
- Warren closed his first season with a 3-3 record, appearing in 15 games, including six starts.
- Matt was the Sunday starter in the Bluejays’ opening series at Dallas
- Baptist, limiting the Patriots to one run on three hits in four innings. Creighton went on to take the game, 3-1, on Feb. 17.
- In three appearances out of the bullpen from March 14-23, Matt did not allow a run in a combined 6.1 innings.
- Warren earned his first victory as a Bluejay, limiting Evansville to just three hits in 3.2 innings on March 23.
- After coming on from the bullpen in the third, Warren threw
- 4.2 innings of relief at Illinois State on May 3.
- Warren delivered an outstanding performance on Tuesday, May 8,
- allowing just one unearned run in 7.2 innings against South Dakota State. Warren needed just 96 pitches, surrendering one hit and three walks, to earn the win.
- Matt earned his third victory of the season, limiting Missouri State to one run on four hits in three innings of relief work on May 18.
(Skutt Catholic High School)
- A three-year letter winner for the Skyhawks, Warren led Skutt to a combined 54-28 record in three seasons.
- The right-hander guided the Skyhawks to third-place finishes in state in 2011 and 2012 as well as a second-place finish in 2010.
- Matt was 9-0 with a 0.66 ERA as a senior, tossing complete games in seven of his 10 starts.
- He recorded 86 strikeouts in 63.1 innings in 2012.
- Warren set Skutt records for complete games in a season (seven), ERA (0.66), career strikeouts (345), wins in a season (nine) and innings pitched (63.1).
- A First Team Super State selection as a senior, Matt was part of four no-hitters.
- A dual threat, Warren hit .387 with 31 hits in 80 at-bats. He closed his senior campaign with 12 extra-base knocks (eight doubles, one triple and three home runs) as well as 22 RBI.
- He was named First Team Class B All-State by both the Omaha World-Herald and the Lincoln Journal Star following the 2011 and 2012 seasons.
- Matt led all classes in strikeouts in the spring of 2011, mowing
- down 88 batters and posting a 1.86 ERA. In 56 1/3 innings of work, Warren issued just 11 walks compared to his 88 strikeouts.
- Warren was selected to represent Team Midwest for the 17-under
- USA National Team Series in Cary, N.C.