2012: Senior at Creighton
• Most decorated volleyball player in school history was Creighton’s first player to be named MVC Player of the Year.
• Creighton Female Athlete of the Year and Carl M. Reinert Female Scholar-Athlete of the Year.
• Honorable-Mention All-American in 2012, becoming first player in program history to earn the recognition twice (also 2010).
• Also first Creighton player named MVC Tournament MVP.
• Third Creighton player to be First Team All-MVC three times.
• MVC Scholar-Athlete First Team in 2011 and 2012.
• Three-time MVC Player of the Week this year and six times in her career (4th in MVC history). Also 2x MVC Defensive POW this fall.
• Six-time MVC Scholar-Athlete of the Week this year and a CoSIDA Academic All-District VII First Team and CoSIDA Academic All-American Second Team selection.
• Nation’s only player to average 9.50 assists, 1.90 blocks and 1.75 kills per set.
• Only player in MVC history with at least 800 career kills, 4,000 assists, 1,000 digs and 400 blocks.
• Ranked second in MVC history with 15 career triple-doubles, including six this year.
• First triple-double of 2012 came vs. Tulsa, when she had 34 assists, 15 digs and career-high 11 blocks in 3-1 win over defending Conference USA champions (9/8).
• Had 14 kills, 30 assists and 13 digs vs. Bradley (10/6) on .636 hitting.
• Had back-to-back triple-doubles in wins at Bradley (11/2) and Northern Iowa (11/3).
• Had fifth triple-double on Senior Night with 38 assists, 19 digs and 12 kills in 3-1 win vs. Illinois State that clinched MVC regular-season title (11/10).
• Had a triple-double with 14 kills (5 in 5th set), 42 assists and 11 digs, while adding seven blocks, in 3-2 win at Wichita State (11/17) that clinched outright MVC title.
• Named MVP of USF Invitational (8/25), which also helped her earn MVC Player of the Week, MVC Scholar-Athlete of the Week and CVU.com National Player of the Week honors.
• Also named to Northern Colorado Classic All-Tournament Team (9/8), and picked up MVC Scholar-Athlete of the Week honors four days later.
• MVC Player of the Week on Oct. 8 after averaging 32.5 assists, 11.0 kills and 13.5 digs in wins over UNI and Bradley.
• Finished with 38 assists, 10 digs, nine blocks and seven kills vs. Southern Illinois (10/27).
• Owned school-record 128 career starts (every match of her career) and 480 sets played.
• Owned 57 career double-doubles, including school-record 24 this season.
• Sixth in the MVC in assists, eighth in hitting percentage, ninth in aces, 11th in blocking and 14th in digs per set.
• Had 26 assists, 10 digs and eight kills in MVC Tournament title match vs. Wichita State (11/24).
• Was one of 30 candidates for the Senior CLASS Award.
• CU’s active career leader in kills, digs, aces, blocks and assists.
2011: Junior at Creighton
• Named First-Team All-MVC for the second straight season.
• MVC Scholar-Athlete First Team thanks to her 3.791 GPA in Exercise Science.
• Led nation with a Valley-record nine triple-doubles, and first player in CU history with consecutive matches with a triple-double (Oct. 29, Nov. 4 and also Nov. 12, Nov. 19).
• Averaged a triple-double in her last 12 matches (10.9 kills, 10.4 digs, 27.2 assists).
• Had Creighton’s first triple-double since 2001 in the season-opener vs. UTSA (Aug. 26), finishing with 51 assists, 14 digs and 11 kills.
• Had triple-doubles on consecutive nights at the Creighton Classic, with 12 kills, 20 assists and career-high 18 digs vs. Drake (Sept. 16) and 11 kills, 25 assists and 12 digs vs. UAB (Sept. 17).
• Had her triple-double vs. Drake by intermission and became first Bluejay with a triple-double at home since 1994 (Sept. 16).
• Had her fourth triple-double of the year vs. Bradley (13k-35a-10d) on Oct. 14.
• Her fifth triple-double of the year came on Oct. 21 vs. Southern Illinois, when she had career-high 19 kills to go with 28 assists and 11 digs on .531 hitting.
• Her sixth triple-double came in a 3-2 win at Illinois State (Oct. 29), when she had 19 kills, 33 assists and 12 digs.
• Had seventh triple-double of the fall with 10 kills, 27 assists and career-high-tying 18 digs vs. Wichita State (Nov. 4).
• Set an MVC record with her eighth triple-double of the fall when she had 12 kills, 31 assists and 12 digs at Bradley (Nov. 12).
• Tallied her ninth triple-double at Drake (Nov. 19) with 11 kills, 36 assists and 14 digs.
• Only player in CU history with more than one triple-double in a season, and her nine triple-doubles are also CU’s career record.
• Has also had nine other matches with at least eight or more kills, digs and assists.
• Had then-career-high 14 kills on .520 hitting in win over South Dakota (Sept. 3) while seeing action as an outside hitter for the first time.
• Started as an outside hitter (while Creighton played a 6-2) vs. Marquette (Sept. 3), finishing with 10 assists, nine digs and eight kills.
• Served career-high four aces at Indiana State in three-set win while also adding 20 assists, nine digs and eight kills (Oct. 28).
• Named MVC Player of the Week on Sept. 19 and Oct. 24.
• Twice named MVC Scholar-Athlete of the Week (Sept. 21 & Nov. 2).
• Led team in both kills and assists in 10 different matches this season, something done just once at Creighton in the previous 17 years.
2010: Sophomore at Creighton
• Creighton’s only First-Team All-MVC selection.
• Also named first-team All-Central Region and Honorable-Mention All-American by the AVCA.
• Voted second-team ESPN/CoSIDA Academic All-District VII.
• Nation’s only player to average at least 10 assists, 1.4 kills and 0.9 blocks per set.
• Owned 114 blocks, one behind Laurel Sanford for team lead.
• Ranked fourth in the MVC in assists per set, eighth in blocks per set and 14th in hitting percentage.
• Named to All-Tournament Team at both the Marcia E. Hamilton Active Ankle Challenge (Sept. 4) and the Marquette Invitational (Sept. 12).
• Averaged 10.33 assists, 1.92 digs, 1.25 kills and 1.25 blocks at the Bluejay Invitational.
• Named MVC Player of the Week on Oct. 4 after averaging 9.43 assists, 2.00 kills, 1.71 digs and 1.71 blocks on .375 hitting.
• Had 47 assists, 11 digs and eight kills in win over Wichita State (Oct. 9) and 43 assists, 11 digs and eight kills in MVC Tournament win vs. WSU (Nov. 26).
• Had 46 assists, 11 digs, seven blocks and six kills vs. No. 16 Iowa State in NCAA Tournament victory (Dec. 3).
2009: Freshman at Creighton
• Started all 31 matches and named to MVC’s All-Freshman Team.
• First setter in school history with 100 or more blocks in a season and only player with 100 blocks and 100 assists in same year.
• Nation’s only player to average more than 7.5 assists and 0.9 blocks per set.
• Four-time MVC Freshman of the Week (Oct. 5, Oct. 19, Nov. 16, Nov. 23).
• Debuted with 32 assists, seven kills and hit .636 vs. Texas Tech (Aug. 28) as team hit .398.
• Had 29 assists, 14 digs and nine blocks vs. Lipscomb (Sept. 4) for her first career double-double and tie the CU record for single-match blocks by a setter.
• Surpassed 1,000 career assists on Nov. 20 at No. 21 UNI, fourth-quickest in Bluejay history.
• Had first kill in D.J. Sokol Arena history (Aug. 28).
2008: Redshirted at Creighton
• Redshirted, but was allowed to practice as scout team’s setter.
Elmwood-Murdock High School
• Won 12 letters in high school, including four each in volleyball, basketball and track.
• Named first-team all-state her final two volleyball seasons, including second-team all-super state her senior year when she averaged 3.5 kills and hit .319.
• Holds school records for aces in a season (58) and career attack percentage (.352), while finishing career with 820 kills, 551 assists, 181 blocks and 118 aces.
• Participated in the Nebraska Volleyball Coaches Association All-Star Game.
• Placed third in the 3,200-meter run as a sophomore while also qualifying for state in the long jump, high jump, 800 and 1,600-meter runs during her prep career.
• Second-team all-state in basketball as a junior and senior.
• Ranked seventh in her class with a 4.0 GPA.
• Volleyball coach was John Hill.
Creighton Awards & Honors
2008-09 Dean’s List
2008-09 MVC Academic Honor Roll
2009 MVC All-Freshman Team
2009 MVC Freshman of the Week, 10/5, 10/19, 11/16 and 11/23
2009-10 Dean’s List
2009-10 MVC Academic Honor Roll
2009-10 MVC Commissioner’s Academic Excellence Award
2010 AVCA All-Central Region First Team
2010 CVU.com Stellar Spikers Honorable Mention
2010 ESPN/CoSIDA Academic All-District VII Second Team
2010 First-Team All-Missouri Valley Conference
2010 Honorable-Mention AVCA All-American
2010 Marcia E. Hamilton Active Ankle Challenge All-Tournament Team
2010 Marquette Invitational All-Tournament Team
2010 MVC Player of the Week, 10/4
2010-11 Dean’s List
2010-11 MVC Academic Honor Roll
2010-11 MVC Commissioner’s Academic Excellence Award
2011 Bluejay Invitational All-Tournament Team
2011 First-Team All-Missouri Valley Conference
2011 MVC Player of the Week, 9/19 and 10/24
2011 MVC Scholar-Athlete First Team
2011 MVC Scholar-Athlete of the Week, 9/21 and 11/2
2011 Preseason All-Missouri Valley Conference
2011 Texas A&M Invitational All-Tournament Team
2011-12 Creighton’s Female Athlete of the Year
2011-12 Dean’s List
2011-12 MVC Academic Honor Roll
2011-12 MVC Commissioner’s Academic Excellence Award
More About Megan
Full Name: Megan Ann Bober
Birthday: Sept. 28, 1990
Birthplace: Lincoln, Neb.
Parents: Patrick and Susan Bober
Siblings: Brent (26) and Nikki (24)
Famous Sibling: Sister, Nikki, was on 2009-10 Nebraska women’s basketball team that was 32-2 and reached Sweet 16.
Major: Exercise Science
Nicknames: Meg, Bob, Bobes
2012 Summer Job: Athletic performance coach at Xplosive Edge, volleyball coach
Favorite Celebrity: Luke Bryan
Why Creighton: Academics, teammates, coaches