Summer 2015: Italy Trip
• Averaged 5.0 points and 3.0 rebounds in Italy.
• Made 7-of-15 shots (46.7 percent).
• Added five steals.
2014-15: Junior at Creighton
• Finished second on the team in scoring (9.6 ppg.) and tied for the team lead in three-pointers made (45).
• Led the team with 10.8 points per game in league play, good for 21st in the BIG EAST.
• Also ranked ninth in the BIG EAST in free throw percentage (80 percent) during league play.
• In all games, finished 10th in free-throw percentage and three-point field goal percentage.
• Moved into the starting five on Jan. 10 vs. Seton Hall and averaged 13.1 points per game in 12 starting assignments.
• Opened his Bluejay career with 13 points, two assists and a steal vs. Central Arkansas (Nov. 14).
• Had season-high 10 rebounds in win over Eastern Illinois (Nov. 25).
• Had a breakout game in double-overtime win vs. South Dakota (Dec. 9), finishing with career-high 23 points on 9-for-14 shooting off the bench.
• Delivered 20 points in his first career start, which came against No. 19 Seton Hall (Jan. 10), becoming CU’s first player with 20+ points in his first start since Booker Woodfox in 2008.
• Poured in a game-high 22 points vs. Providence (Jan. 17), making 8-of-12 shots from the field and adding three assists.
• Scored nine of Creighton’s final 15 points in 77-74 win vs. St. John’s (Jan. 28), team’s first BIG EAST victory.
• Buried three-pointers on Creighton’s first two possessions of overtime in road win at Xavier (Feb. 4).
• Led the Bluejays with 18 points in road win at DePaul (Feb. 24).
• Scored 12 points in near-upset of No. 4 Villanova (March 3).
• Scored 17 points on 4-of-7 shooting from three-point land vs. Xavier (March 7), while also throwing down first career dunk and finishing off his second four-point play of the campaign.
• Scored 22 points in BIG EAST Tournament First Round win over DePaul (March 11), including 15 in the first half.
• Also led CU with 17 points vs. No. 23 Georgetown in the quarterfinals (March 12).
• Converted three different four-point plays.
2013-14: Junior at Creighton (Redshirted)
• Was allowed to practice, but did not play for Creighton’s team that finished 27-8 and reached the third round of the NCAA Tournament, while redshirting.
• Won the program’s 3-point contest at Bluejay Madness.
Cowley County Community College
• Sixth-leading scorer in Cowley County history with 1,150 career points, and is one of just 11 men to score 1,000 or more points.
• Averaged 18.4 points per game as a sophomore while shooting 42 percent from three-point range, draining 79 treys.
• Named First Team All-Jayhawk Conference as a sophomore, as well as being named First Team All-Region VI, on a team that went 24-11.
• Had a game with 32 points and eight three-pointers on Jan. 19, 2013, at Independence CC.
• Scored a single-game high of 37 points.
• Averaged 17 points and 4.3 rebounds per contest as a freshman while being named Jayhawk East Freshman of the Year, Second Team All-Conference, and to the Region VI All-Tournament Team.
• Team reached Region VI championship game his freshman season, finishing 24-10.
• Played for coach Tommy DeSalme in a school that is based out of Arkansas City, Kan.
• Was ranked as the nation’s 39th-best junior college recruit by JucoRecruiting.com.
Jordan Matthews High School
• Named Second Team All-State after averaging 30 points and 8.0 rebounds per game as a senior and 29 points and 8.0 rebounds per contest as a junior.
• Earned 11 varsity letters in high school while participating in basketball (4), football (4), track (2) and soccer (1).
• Named team MVP in basketball four times, football three times and track once.
• Named First Team All-Piedmont Conference in basketball three times, and a Second Team all-conference pick in basketball and football once each.
• Participated in North-South and East-West All-Star Games.
• Had two games of 50 points or more, including a school record of 54 as a senior.
• Also owns school’s career record with 2,334 points.
• Played with CP3 AllStars in AAU ball.
More About James
Feb. 7, 1993
James and Patricia Milliken
Favorite Twitter Account To Follow
Favorite TV Show
One Tree Hill
Favorite Spot on Campus
Favorite Sports Team
Los Angeles Lakers
Felt like home
Favorite Class at Creighton
Favorite Vacation Spot
Favorite Sports Memory
Scoring 55 in a high school game