CenturyLink Center Omaha Unveils New Scoreboard
Omaha, Neb.- CenturyLink Center Omaha entered a new age today, publicly revealing high-tech equipment that makes the home of Creighton men's basketball of the most technologically-advanced arenas in the country.
A new scoreboard, designed and manufactured by Daktronics, is the first in the country to utilize 4mm and 6mm pixel configuration, providing unparalleled resolution and an even better fan experience.
CenturyLink Center Omaha’s video control room, ribbon panels and indoor/outdoor signage were also upgraded. The six million dollar investment was made possible through the Metropolitan Entertainment & Convention Authority’s (MECA) capitol reserve fund; no taxpayer dollars were used.
The following facts and figures showcase why these improvements are unique:
Center Hung Facts
- CenturyLink Center Omaha is the only venue outside of professional leagues to have 4 millimeter center hung video displays.
- First in the country to utilize 4mm and 6mm pixel configuration.
- 2700% better resolution than the current video displays.
- 3,467 square feet of LED’s:
o Covers roughly 3/4 of a basketball court
o Equals 720 iPads
o Equals 330 55” televisions or 270 60” televisions
Control Room Upgrade
- Existing facility TV system upgraded to HD.
- Existing video production system upgraded to HD.
o The new equipment includes a Replay System, Production Switcher, Graphics Interfaces and Wired and Wireless High Definition (“HD”) cameras.
Creighton has finished the season sixth in the country in attendance each of the past two seasons, and will return four starters in 2013-14 from last year's 28-8 campaign.