2008: Junior at Creighton
• Made 16 starts while playing in all 27 matches, seeing most of her time as a defensive specialist.
• Owned seven matches with 10 or more digs, including 14 digs on consecutive nights at Bradley (Sept. 19) and at Northern Iowa (Sept. 20).
• Served team to a 9-0 lead to open the second set of a win at Bradley (Sept. 19).
• Named to Creighton Dean’s List and MVC Honor Roll for her work in the classroom.
2007: Sophomore at Creighton
• Played in 30 matches, including 27 starts.
• Had 10 kills and 10 digs in road win at Drake (Sept. 11) for her first double-double of the season, then followed with 10 kills and 17 digs while hitting .381 in three-set win over Green Bay (Sept. 14).
• Had 10 kills and 15 digs in MVC Tournament quarterfinal win over Southern Illinois (Nov. 23).
• Had 17 digs in win at UNI (Sept. 21) and 18 digs in win over Illinois State (Sept. 28).
• Had 10 or more digs in seven of team’s last eight matches.
2006: Freshman at Creighton
• Played in 23 matches as a true freshman, including 18 starts.
• Started 13-of-14 matches after Carolyn Decker’s season-ending injury (Sept. 1-Oct. 6) before she herself broke a bone in her left foot , which caused her to miss the next eight matches.
• Returned to action on Nov. 10 vs. Missouri State, serving an ace on her first point back.
• Only player on active roster with experience playing libero at Division I level, having done so for two matches in 2006 against Saint Louis (Sept. 9) and Florida Atlantic (Aug. 26).
• Posted 10 or more digs in nine straight matches (Sept. 1-19), a Creighton record for a freshman.
• Had seven kills against Jacksonville State (Sept. 1) in her first career start.
• Had first career double-double with 14 kills and 20 digs in Nov. 17 win at Southern Illinois.
• Produced career-best 27 digs one night later in five-set win at Evansville (Nov. 18).
Dixon High School
• Second team all-state pick as both a junior and senior for the Duchesses.
• Named team, conference and area MVP her final two years, in addition to team MVP accolades as a sophomore.
• First-team all area and all-conference her final three years after earning honorable-mention all-area laurels as a freshman.
• Had school-record 390 kills as a senior to go with 223 digs, 128 blocks, 62 aces and a hitting percentage of .406.
• Owns school’s career records in kills (1,100), digs (629) and aces (209).
• Team won the North Central Illinois Conference when she was both a junior and senior.
• Named Most Improved Player in both basketball and volleyball as a freshman.
• Spent the summer of 2004 as one of 18 players to train with the prestigious Youth National A2 Team.
• Coached by Jenny Koch.
Kills 14 at Southern Illinois 11/17/06
Attempts 47 at Evansville 11/18/06
Attack Pct. .381 vs. Green Bay 9/14/07
Assists 5 vs. Northern Iowa 11/24/06
Digs 27 at Evansville 11/18/06
Aces 3 (2x) both at Illinois State last 10/27/07
Blocks 5 at Evansville 10/5/07
Points 16.0 at Southern Illinois 11/17/06
Creighton Awards & Honors
2006-07 Dean’s List
2006-07 MVC Honor Roll
2007-08 Dean’s List
2007-08 MVC Commissioner’s Academic Excellence Award
2007-08 MVC Honor Roll
2008-09 Dean’s List
2008-09 MVC Honor Roll
More About Sarah
Full Name: Sarah Jeanne Schulze
Birthday: February 29, 1988
Birthplace: Winfield, Ill.
Parents: Don & Jeanne Schulze
Sister: Madeline (19)
Favorite class: Development Biology with Dr. Reedy
Favorite Volleyball Memory: Beating UNI in five at their new place two years ago
Why Creighton?: The family atmosphere and its academics
Matchday Superstition: I like to wear my hair the same way if we keep winning
2009 Summer Job: Helping with Vitamin D and its effects on cancer research
Did You Know?: Sarah’s Dad was a first-round draft pick (11th overall) of the Chicago Cubs in 1980 and was sent to Cleveland as part of a seven-player 1984 trade with Joe Carter and Mel Hall that sent the Cubs catcher Ron Hassey and Cy Young winner Rick Sutcliffe
|High School:||Dixon HS|