#22 Avery Dingman
2012-13: Sophomore at Creighton
• Had 18 points and six rebounds in 15 minutes of team’s exhibition win over Mary (Nov. 2). Broke open a 10-10 game with 13 points during CU’s 17-0 run that stretched lead to 61-21 at halftime.
• Scored 10 points in 11 minutes of season-opening win over North Texas (Nov. 9).
• Had eight points, four rebounds and three assists in 13 minutes of win vs. Longwood (Nov. 20).
• Scored eight points in 11 minutes vs. Saint Joseph’s (Dec. 1).
• Scored three points and hauled in four rebounds in 12 minutes of win at Nebraska (Dec. 6).
• Had eight points and career-high six rebounds in 22 minutes of win vs. Akron (Dec. 9).
• Put together best game vs. Tulsa (Dec. 21), finishing with career highs of 21 points, three steals and 23 minutes played while making 8-of-9 shots and 5-of-6 three-point attempts.
• Also had three steals vs. Tulsa (Dec. 21) to match his career total of three steals in first 46 career games at Creighton.
• Slammed first career dunk at Missouri State (Jan. 11).
• Made 25-of-51 three-point shots at home (49.0 percent) and 14-of-29 three-pointers in last nine home games.
• Scored 11 points and grabbed career-high seven rebounds vs. Evansville (Dec. 29).
• Drained a pair of three-pointers and had seven points and three rebounds at Bradley (Feb. 27).
• Creighton is 13-0 all-time when he makes multiple three-pointers.
• Had two assists and four rebounds in NCAA Tournament game vs. Duke (March 24).
2011-12: Freshman at Creighton
• Averaged 2.9 points per game while appearing in all 35 games.
• Made 26-of-62 three-pointers, good for 41.9 percent.
• Opened college career with 11 points on 4-of-7 shooting vs. North Carolina A&T (Nov. 11), including 3-of-6 from downtown.
• Had 14 points in 11 minutes of win vs. Iowa (Nov. 20), including 4-of-4 from long-range while also making two free throws and grabbing two rebounds.
• Had eight points and three rebounds vs. Houston Baptist (Dec. 17).
• Tied career-high with 14 points on 5-of-6 shooting in overtime win vs. Evansville, including 4-of-5 from three-point range (Feb. 21).
• Had six points and three rebounds in MVC Tournament win vs. Evansville (March 3).
• Creighton was 8-0 when he scored four or more points.
• Averaged 7.7 points per game in the 10 contests he played 10 minutes or more.
Summer 2011: Bahamas Trip
• Finished third on the team in scoring, averaging 9.0 points in four games.
• Made team-high seven baskets from three-point land.
• Had team-high 24 points on 7-of-9 shooting in trip finale vs. Real Deal Shockers, while also snaring seven rebounds.
Branson High School
• As a senior, he was named All-State by the Missouri Basketball Coaches Association as well as the Missouri Sportswriters and Sportscasters.
• Scored 38 points, including a school-record 15 free throws, to help his team to a 73-68 win over Springfield Kickapoo in the Class 5 District 11 championship game.
• Had 23 of his team’s 50 points in a sectional win to reach the state tournament.
• Team went 21-10 his senior season, when he averaged 23 points and 6.9 rebounds while draining 89 three-pointers.
• His 705 points as a senior broke his school record of 597 he set one year earlier.
• Averaged 21.3 points and 7.1 rebounds per game as a junior while also adding 45 steals and 40 blocks. Shot 55.6 percent from the field, including 37.8 percent from three-point range.
• As a junior, set a modern school record with 46 points, including 10-of-12 shooting from three-point range.
• Team went 24-4 as a junior as he was named Central Ozark Conference Player of the Year and District Player of the Year while also being named First Team All-State by the Missouri Basketball Coaches Association.
• Two-time All-Tri Lakes Player of the Year.
• Played AAU ball for Mo-Kan Elite.
• Scored 1,321 points in high school for coach Randy Bishop.
• Chose Creighton over Missouri State, and also had offers from TCU, Northern Colorado, Central Michigan and The Citadel.
• Creighton’s first player from the Ozark region since Anthony Tolliver (2003-07), who currently plays for the Charlotte Bobcats and helped Creighton to two NCAA Tournament appearances as a Bluejay.
More About Avery
Full Name: Avery Adams Dingman
Birthday: Nov. 1, 1992
Birthplace: Springfield, Mo.
Parents: Martin and Gay Dingman
Siblings: Grayson (26) and Elle (24)
Major: Finance & Marketing
Favorite Sports Memory: Back-to-back MVC titles
Favorite Sports Teams: Los Angeles Lakers and Dallas Cowboys
Favorite Athlete: Kobe Bryant
Favorite TV Show: Breaking Bad
Favorite Vacation Spot: Cabo
Favorite Spot on Campus: Jesuit Gardens
21 vs. Tulsa 12/19/12
8 vs. Tulsa 12/19/12
Field Goal Attempts
9 vs. Tulsa 12/19/12
3-Point Field Goals
5 vs. Tulsa 12/19/12
3-Point Field Goals Attempted
6 (2x), last vs. Tulsa 12/19/12
3 vs. Houston Baptist 12/17/11
Free Throws Attempted
4 vs. Houston Baptist 12/17/11
6 vs. Akron 12/9/12
3 vs. Longwood 11/20/12
1 (2x), last at Northern Iowa 2/13/12
3 vs. Tulsa 12/19/12
26 vs. Indiana State 1/5/13