2009: Junior at Creighton
• Honorable-mention member of the MVC Scholar-Athlete Team.
• Averaged 3.24 kills per set while hitting .396 in team’s last six matches.
• Opened her career with nine kills against Texas Tech (Aug. 28), most by a CU player in their debut since 1995.
• Led team with eight kills at No. 6 Nebraska (Sept. 1).
• Had career-high 17 kills and five blocks while hitting .341 against Northern Iowa (Sept. 19).
• Had 12 kills to go with career-highs of six blocks and .478 hitting in sweep over Indiana State (Oct. 24).
• Had 13 errorless kills while hitting .500 in win over Southern Illinois (Nov. 13).
• Followed that up with 15 kills and five blocks while hitting .400 in win over Evansville (Nov. 14).
• Had 14 kills and hit .448 in four sets against No. 21 Northern Iowa (Nov. 20).
• Averaged 3.82 kills and 0.91 blocks per set while hitting .394 in three matches against league champion Northern Iowa.
2008: Redshirted at Creighton
• Did not play in any matches while redshirting, but was allowed to practice.
• Had a match-high 23 kills in the team’s Blue/White exhibition match.
• Dean’s List.
Iowa Western CC
• Won national title as a freshman in 2006 before team placed seventh nationally in 2007.
• Team was undefeated in league play during her two years and was 118-11 overall.
• Had 210 kills, 194 blocks and 55 digs as a sophomore while hitting .449 and picking up All-Region honors.
• Named Iowa Community College Athletic Conference Athlete of the Week on Oct. 12, 2007, after hitting .550 and averaging 2.5 kills and 2.2 blocks in five victories.
• The 2006 team was also named NJCAA Academic Team of the Year and her 3.65 GPA helped her nab Academic All-Region honors and recognition as an IWCC Presidential Scholar.
• Had 56 kills, 20 blocks and 11 digs as a freshman.
• Ranked fourth in IWCC history in total blocks.
• Coached by NJCAA Volleyball Coaches Association Hall of Famer Terry Gamble.
North Kossuth High School
• Won 13 letters overall while participating in track (4), softball (3), volleyball (3) and basketball (3).
• Was an eight-time all-conference pick and was all-state in volleyball, basketball and track.
• Four-time qualifier for the state meet in the high jump, winning the state meet as a senior.
• Also participated in the state track meet in the 4x400 relay, 4x100 relay, shuttle hurdle relay and 100-meter hurdles.
• Coached in volleyball by Andrea Accola-Sabin.
Kills 17 vs. Northern Iowa 9/19/09
Attempts 48 at Wichita State 10/31/09
Attack Pct. .500 vs. Southern Illinois 11/13/09
Assists 1 (4x) last vs. Southern Illinois 11/13/09
Digs 9 at Kansas 9/5/09
Aces 2 vs. Texas Tech 8/28/09
Blocks 6 vs. Indiana State 10/24/09
Points 19.5 vs. Northern Iowa 9/19/09
Creighton Awards & Honors
2008-09 Dean’s List
2009 Honorable-Mention MVC Scholar-Athlete Team
2009-10 Dean’s List
2009-10 MVC Commissioner’s Academic Excellence Award
2009-10 MVC Honor Roll
More About Alicia
Full Name: Alicia Ann Runge
Birthday: Feb. 5, 1988
Birthplace: Tacoma, Wash.
Parents: Todd and Janiece Runge
Siblings: Andy (25), Ariel (18), Aric (14)
Major: Organizational Communication
Career Aspiration: Event coordinating
Why Creighton: Great program and friendly atmosphere
Favorite Athlete: Joe Mauer
Favorite Spot on Campus: My room
Favorite Vacation Spot: The beach somewhere
Player You Model Your Game After: Juliana Paz
Hobbies: Any other sports, shopping, video games, computer
2010 Summer Job: Desk receptionist at Kiewit Hall and camp coordinator
Favorite Movie: Anchorman or anything with Will Ferrell
Favorite Part of Ryan Athletic Center: Smaller, feels like a huge crowd
Favorite Class and Professor: Communication & The Community by Dr. Leighter
Match Day Superstition: Lucky black headband
Best VB Memory: Beating Wichita State on our home court last year