Much of the Creighton Athletic Department is based out of the Joseph J. Vinardi Center, which is located on the corner of 24th and Burt Streets on the north side of the Creighton campus.
Known to many as the Old Gym, the facility was the long-time home of the Creighton men’s basketball program before the Omaha Civic Auditorium was constructed in the 1950’s. It continues as the practice home to the Creighton men’s and women’s basketball teams, as well as the Bluejay volleyball program.
It also houses the majority of the Creighton Athletic Department coaching and administrative staff, as well as the Frank J. Iwersen Strength and Conditioning Facility, The Parker Family Foundation Academic Learning Center, numerous locker rooms, and has practice courts that can accommodate 10 basketball hoops or four volleyball nets at once.
The Vinardi Center also serves as the home to the Bluejay Jamboree, Creighton Athletics biggest annual fundraiser, each November.