Awards & Honors
2011-12 MVC Academic Honor Roll
2012-13 MVC Academic Honor Roll
2013-14 BIG EAST All-Academic Team
2013-14 Dean’s List
2014-15 BIG EAST All-Academic Team
2014-15 Dean’s List
2014-15 NABC Honors Court
Summer 2015: Italy Trip
• Averaged 9.3 points and 5.3 rebounds in just 11.0 minutes per game.
• Made 12-of-17 shots from the floor (70.6 percent).
• Had 12 points and 10 rebounds in just 12 minutes at All Star Rome (Aug. 11).
2014-15: Junior at Creighton
• Averaged 5.4 points and 2.5 rebounds per game while appearing in 31 games with nine starts.
• Averaged 9.1 points and 3.9 rebounds per game in the final 10 contests of the season.
• Led team with 17.6 points per 40 minutes and 64.9 percent shooting from the field.
• Had seven points, one rebound and a block in season-opening win over Central Arkansas (Nov. 14).
• Had his breakout game as a Bluejay vs. Eastern Illinois, when he made 7-of-8 shots and scored 15 points in just 12 minutes, earning a pair of standing ovations (Nov. 25).
• Had three points and six rebounds in 11 first half minutes vs. Texas-Pan American (Dec. 19).
• Played 19 minutes at North Texas (Dec. 21), finishing with 10 points, three rebounds, a steal and a block.
• Played 22 minutes at Providence on Dec. 31, finishing with a team-high 14 points on 6-of-9 shooting, compared to his total of 12 points in CU’s 21 games vs. BIG EAST foes in all of 2013-14.
• Earned his undergraduate degree in Financial Analysis on Dec. 18 and entered CU’s MBA program in January.
• Made first career start at No. 25 Georgetown (Jan. 3), then made second career start vs. DePaul four days later (Jan. 7).
• Again played well vs. Providence, finishing with seven points and a blocked shot in 24 minutes (Jan. 17).
• Had a career-high two blocked shots at No. 4 Villanova (Jan. 25).
• Collected seven rebounds and tied career-high with 15 points in career-best 26 minutes during road win at Xavier (Feb. 4).
• Finished with 13 points and five rebounds in 15 minutes at Madison Square Garden vs. St. John’s (Feb. 7).
• Collected seven rebounds in a road win at DePaul (Feb. 24).
• Doubled his season output when he had a career-high three assists vs. Butler (Feb. 16).
• Produced a third straight game in double-figures when he had 12 points and two blocks in win over Marquette (Feb. 14).
• Scored 11 points and snared career-high eight rebounds at Seton Hall (Feb. 28).
• Sank 5-of-6 shots to score 11 points in 16 minutes vs. Xavier (March 7).
2013-14: Sophomore at Creighton
• Became first 7-footer with a blocked shot at Creighton since Bill O’Dowd in 1991 with a rejection vs. UMKC (Nov. 11).
• Scored in final minutes of win vs. Arizona State (Nov. 28).
• Threw down first career dunk vs. George Washington (Dec. 1).
• Was team’s first big man off the bench on Dec. 3 at Long Beach State.
• Had two points, two rebounds, two assists and a block in just four minutes vs. Arkansas-Pine Bluff on Dec. 17.
• Played six minutes in win vs. Chicago State, finishing with two points, two rebounds and a blocked shot (Dec. 29).
• Had best night of the season vs. Butler (Jan. 14), finishing with eight points and four rebounds in eight minutes.
• Converted an old-fashioned 3-point play in NCAA Tournament game vs. Baylor (March 23).
2012-13: Freshman at Creighton
• Produced two points, four rebounds and a steal in 10 minutes of exhibition win vs. Mary (Nov. 2).
• Made debut with one point in two minutes vs. North Texas (Nov. 9).
• Scored four points and snared four rebounds vs. Longwood (Nov. 20).
• Dished first career assist and grabbed a rebound in MVC Tournament semifinal win vs. Indiana State (March 9).
2011-12: Redshirted at Creighton
• Practiced but did not play for Creighton’s 2011-12 MVC Tournament championship team that finished 29-6, as part of a redshirt season.
Summer 2011: Bahamas Trip
• Averaged 5.5 points and 7.5 rebounds in four games.
• Led team with 10 blocks, including three in each of the last three games.
• Had 11 points vs. Bahamas All-Stars and 11 rebounds vs. Real Deal Shockers.
Plano West High School
• Honorable Mention All-Conference as a sophomore and First Team All-Conference as a junior and senior. Also named First Team All-Area as a senior.
• Averaged 12.4 points, 8.7 rebounds and 2.1 blocked shots per game while earning All-District First Team accolades.
• Owns school record for blocked shots and rebounds in a season.
• Also named to the All-District Academic Team.
• As a sophomore, was named the district’s Newcomer of the Year.
• Coached in high school by Anthony Morgan and on the AAU circuit for the Dallas Mustangs by Tony Johnson.
• Brother Mike had 1,341 points and 734 rebounds while shooting 58.7 percent from the floor in four standout years at The Citadel (2009-13), averaging 15.6 points and 7.6 rebounds per game as a senior.
• Is Creighton’s first 7-footer since Bill O’Dowd (1988-91), and joins O’Dowd, Benoit Benjamin (1982-85), Mike Heck (1972-75) and Nate Stephens (1969-70) as program’s only 7-footers in history.
More About Geoffrey
Feb. 12, 1993
Robert and Toni Groselle
Michael, Logan, Brittany
Finance Analysis (MBA)
NBA or CEO of a Fortune 500 company
Summer 2015 Job
Lawson Kroeker Investment Management research intern
Favorite Twitter Account To Follow
Favorite TV Shows
House of Cards; Game of Thrones
Favorite Sports Teams
Dallas Mavericks; Dallas Cowboys
Favorite Creighton Professors
Tim Bastian and Dr. John Wingender