2013-14: Junior at Creighton (Redshirted)
• Was allowed to practice, but did not play for Creighton’s team that finished 27-8 and reached the third round of the NCAA Tournament, while redshirting.
• Won the program’s 3-point contest at Bluejay Madness.Cowley County Community College
• Sixth-leading scorer in Cowley County history with 1,150 career points, and is one of just 11 men to score 1,000 or more points.
• Averaged 18.4 points per game as a sophomore while shooting 42 percent from three-point range, draining 79 treys.
• Named First Team All-Jayhawk Conference as a sophomore, as well as being named First Team All-Region VI, on a team that went 24-11.
• Had a game with 32 points and eight three-pointers on Jan. 19, 2013, at Independence CC.
• Scored a single-game high of 37 points.
• Averaged 17 points and 4.3 rebounds per contest as a freshman while being named Jayhawk East Freshman of the Year, Second Team All-Conference, and to the Region VI All-Tournament Team.
• Team reached Region VI championship game his freshman season, finishing 24-10.
• Played for coach Tommy DeSalme in a school that is based out of Arkansas City, Kan.
• Was ranked as the nation’s 39th-best junior college recruit by JucoRecruiting.com.Jordan Matthews High School
• Named Second Team All-State after averaging 30 points and 8.0 rebounds per game as a senior and 29 points and 8.0 rebounds per contest as a junior.
• Earned 11 varsity letters in high school while participating in basketball (4), football (4), track (2) and soccer (1).
• Named team MVP in basketball four times, football three times and track once.
• Named First Team All-Piedmont Conference in basketball three times, and a Second Team all-conference pick in basketball and football once each.
• Participated in North-South and East-West All-Star Games.
• Had two games of 50 points or more, including a school record of 54 as a senior.
• Also owns school’s career record with 2,334 points.
• Played with CP3 AllStars in AAU ball.More About James
Full Name: James Lee Milliken
Birthday: Feb. 7, 1993
Birthplace: Chapel Hill, N.C.
Parents: James and Patricia Milliken
Major: American Studies
Favorite Pro Sports Team: Los Angeles Lakers
Favorite Meal: Shrimp alfredo
Favorite Athlete: Kobe Bryant
Dream Date: Keri Hilson
Why Creighton: Felt like home
Favorite Summer Vacation Spot: South Beach
Favorite School Tradition: Bluejay Madness
Future Occupation If Not Basketball: Sportswriter
Favorite Quote: “Fatigue makes cowards of us all” - Vince Lombardi
Dream Car: Range Rover, all black
Favorite Ice Cream: Cookies and Cream
Favorite Book: The Great Gatsby
Favorite Movie: Space Jam