2012-13: Redshirted at Creighton
• Practiced but did not play for Creighton’s 2012-13 MVC championship team that finished 28-8, as part of a redshirt season.
• Had four points and six rebounds in exhibition game win vs. University of Mary (Nov. 2).
Benilde-St. Margaret’s High School
• Four-year member of the varsity team, twice earning All-North Suburban Conference honors.
• A finalist for Minnesota’s Mr. Basketball as a senior, when he picked up First Team All-State honors by ESPNHS and the St. Paul Pioneer-Press after averaging 19.7 points per game for the Red Knights.
• Named to Minneapolis Star-Tribune and St. Paul Pioneer Press All-Metro Team as a senior.
• Named Conference co-MVP along with teammate Sanjay Lumpkin, who went to Northwestern.
• A career 90 percent free-throw shooter and 46 percent from three-point range at the high school level.
• Scored more than 1,000 points as a prep.
• Played for coach John Moore.
• Finished as a runner-up at the nationally-televised High School Three-Point Championships in April after his senior campaign. He led all competitors with 20 in the first round and 24 in the second round, then lost 18-17 in the finals to Oklahoma State-bound Phil Forte.
• As a junior, averaged 18.8 points per game for team that reached the sectional finals.
• As a sophomore, averaged 16.1 points per game for a team that went 24-6 and lost in the state semifinals.
• Named by Rivals.com as a top-10 three-point shooter in the 2012 prep class and by ESPN as a top-25 three-point shooter.
• Led the 2011 Nike EYBL Peach Jam in free-throw percentage (94.7 percent) and three-pointers made (20), and was fifth with 48 percent marksmanship from downtown.
• Also had offers from Manhattan, Wofford, George Mason and Jacksonville.
More About Isaiah
Full Name: Isaiah Donald Zierden
Birthday: Sept. 25, 1993
Birthplace: Onalaska, Wis.
Parents: Don and Anne Zierden
Nicknames: “Z”, Ziggy, Zigmas, Zeke
Favorite Sports Team: Minnesota Twins
Favorite Sports Memory: 3-point competition
Favorite Athlete: Kobe Bryant
Favorite Spot on Campus: Old Gym
Why Creighton: Atmosphere
Thoughts on Joining BIG EAST: Excited!
Did You Know: His father, Don, is an assistant coach with the Washington Wizards, and formerly an assistant with the Minnesota Timberwolves and Detroit Pistons and he also was head coach of the Minnesota Lynx (WNBA), La Crosse Bobcats (CBA) and Pittsburgh Piranhas (CBA).