Awards and Honors
- Invited to participate in Team USA training camp in 2013.
- Finalist for the John
- Olerud Two-Way Player of the Year Award.
- Semifinalist for the Gregg Olson Award.
- 2013 ABCA All-Midwest Region Second Team.
- All-Missouri Valley Conference Second Team, 2013.
- 2013 MVC All-Defensive Team.
2013 (Sophomore at Creighton)
- Earned All-MVC Second Team and MVC All-Defensive Team honor
- Jake was 4-for-9 in two games at the MVC Tournament.
- Was 2-for-3 with a run scored and two critical RBI in the Bluejays’ 6-3 win over Missouri State on May 18.
- Drove home the game-winning RBI in the Bluejays’ 9-4, 11-inning win at Illinois State on May 5.
- Delivered the game-tying RBI in Creighton’s 3-2, 11-inning win over Rutgers in the bottom of the ninth on April 27. The ensuing day he knotted the game with Oklahoma State at 5-5 in the eighth.
- Nabbed his first win and sixth save in two appearances at the TD Ameritrade Classic frin April 24-26.
- Became first Bluejay since 2006 to have two triples in one game on April 21 in Creighton’s 9-1 win over Southern Illinois.
- Earned his second win of 2013, tossing a career-best two innings at Illinois State on April 7.
- Jake picked up where he left off agaisnt Kansas, recording a perfect ninth for his fifth save on Friday, April 5 versus Bradley.
- Peter was the first Jay since at least 1999 to open a season with nine
- consecutive appearances without allowing an earned run.
- After recording six perfect outings on the mound, Jake surrendered his first hit and first run in the Bluejays’ 6-4 win at Kansas on April 2. Peter still nabbed his fourth save.
- Finished 4-for-5 with two doubles in Creighton’s 11-4 win over Omaha on March 30.
- Earned MVC Player of the Week on March 18. Peter was 12-for-20 (.600) in five games last week, delivering seven RBI to lead Creighton to a 4-1 record.
- Earned his first two saves as a Bluejay, tossing perfect ninth innings against North Dakota on March 14 and Pacific on March 17.
- Became the first Bluejay with four hits in consecutive games, on March 15 and 16, since 2003 when Ryan Fitzgerald did it on April 1 and 4
- Jake was 7-for-17 with four RBI and five runs scored in the Bluejays’ season-opening sweep at Dallas Baptist.
2012 (Freshman at Creighton)
- Started 56 games as freshman, 55 at second and one at shortstop.
- Delivered 38 hits, including 15 extra-base knocks.
- Earned his first Bluejay start in the 5-1 win at Central Arkansas on
- Feb. 19, delivering a single to drive in his first RBI.
- Led the Bluejays at Portland, hitting .429 with a pair of doubles on
- Feb. 26.
- Went 5-for-10 at UC Davis with a pair of runs scored; two of his hits were doubles from March 2-4.
- Hit his first career triple at Pacific, driving in a run on March 9.
- Stole his first collegiate base vs. North Dakota, after being hit by a pitch on March 17.
- Hit a pair of doubles against Kansas, a single-game high on March 4.
- Delivered his first career home run at Southern Illinois, a solo shot over the right field fence to pull Creighton within one on April 22.
- Was 2-for-3 with a run scored and two walks in the 15-inning win over Illinois State on April 28.
- Cleared the bases with a two-out double against Nebraska, pushing across a career-high three runs on May 8.
- Posted two hits, one which was a double, and scored a run in the series finale against Wichita State on May 19.
- Had a career-day in the MVC Tournament semifinal win over Illinois State - finishing 4-4 from the plate with a run scored and two driven in and a stolen base on May 24.
- Delivered the go-ahead and winning runs against Southern Illinois in the MVC Tournament title game, his second straight two-RBI game on May 26.
- Named to the MVC All-Tournament team, finishing the tournament with six hits and five runs driven in, including the winning runs in the championship game.
2008-11 (Mason City High School)
- Led his team to back-to-back state tournaments, finishing as Central Iowa Metro League champions and state runner-up his senior season.
- Jake led Mason City to a 36-10 overall record in 2011, earning first-team all-conference, all-area and All-State honors.
- Peter claimed the Cy Young, Silver Bat, and Gold Glove Awards in 2011.
- Also earned first-team all-conference, all-area and All-State honors his sophomore and junior seasons.
- Was named the team MVP in baseball following his junior and senior seasons.
- Voted the Player of the Year in the state of Iowa by the Iowa High School Baseball Coaches Association in 2011.
- Earned varsity letters in baseball all four years, track his sophomore through senior seasons, basketball his sophomore and senior years, football his junior year.
- Holds single season records for home runs (13), walks (31) and saves (6).
- Career record holder in hits (206), RBI (126), home runs (21), runs (187), doubles (56) and saves (10) at Mason City HS.