2014-15 Cross County Try Out/Walk-On Information
If you are a full-time student (minimum 12 hours) at Creighton University, or will become a full-time student in the Fall of 2014, you are invited to a three-day (3) tryout for the CU cross country team.
On this day, you will be assessed by the coaching staff; CU coaches will notify you via email if you make the team.
Only current CU students may participate in the 3-day tryout
Contact Coach Rogers (firstname.lastname@example.org) with your intent to tryout by 3pm Friday, Aug. 15, 2014
• Include: your name, CU student ID #, event(s), best (verifiable) mark(s)
Note: All tryout forms must be turned in by 5 p.m. Friday Aug. 15, 2014
• All required forms are located at the top of this page
• All forms must have all necessary signatures
• Turn COMPLETED forms to Barb Epps in Ryan Athletic Center main entry or (Fax with ATTN: BARB EPPS at 402-280-3373)
• Incomplete/late forms will not be accepted thus preventing you from a tryout
• You will receive notification via email by Saturday evening, Aug. 16.
• E-mail will contain details of the Aug. 20-22nd tryout
Three Day Tryout: Wednesday, Thursday, Friday morning, Aug. 20-22nd, 2014
• Dress in appropriate athletic competition apparel
• All tryout participants will receive an e-mail Saturday, August 23rd, night with tryout results
• For those who are not selected for the 2014 team, those will be welcome to tryout again next year
• Many factors are considered during assessment
• ALL COACHES’ DECISIONS ARE FINAL AND NON-NEGOTIABLE
• Creighton University Cross Country is competitive and competes at the NCAA Division I level in the Big East Conference.
• Achievement of time standards will not guarantee you a spot on the team nor an athletic scholarship. There are many other factors considered.
REGULAR PRACTICE TIMES:
Cross Country training sessions are normally in the mornings from 6 a.m. to 8:30 or 3:30-6:30pm.
If your schedule does not satisfy one of these daily practice times, you will not be eligible to try out. If you cannot make the 3-day tryout on Aug. 20-22nd, you will not be eligible to try out for this year's team...No Exceptions.
Steps to participate in Walk-On Tryouts (MUST be completed by 5pm Friday Aug. 15, 2014):
• You must be accepted and enrolled at Creighton University
• You must contact Creighton University Head Coach, Coach Rogers, with your intent to tryout
• You must be registered with the NCAA Eligibility Center. CLICK HERE
• You must complete the Tryout Permission Form (attached)
• You must complete the CU OCE/Tryout Waiver (attached)
You must complete the Athlete Portal/Athletic Training/Insurance forms (attached)
• You must turn in ALL completed forms to Barb Epps in Ryan Athletic Center (or Fax with ATTN: BARB EPPS at 402-280-3373) main entry by 5 p.m. on Friday, Aug. 15. (Incomplete forms will deem you ineligible for tryouts).
If you've met the above standards, we encourage you to try out.