2013: Junior at Creighton
• AVCA All-East Region First Team and Second-Team All-BIG EAST.
• All-American Honorable Mention by the AVCA.
• Started CU’s first 22 and final six matches at setter in 2013 after making 27 starts in 2012 as team’s right-side hitter.
• Led team with 17 double-doubles and four triple-doubles.
• In league play, ranked third in hitting percentage and was seventh in assists per set. In all matches, was sixth in the league in assists per set.
• Named MVP of the season-opening Hampton Inn Invitational after leading Creighton to wins vs. No. 13 BYU (8/30) and Bowling Green (8/31).
• Named BIG EAST Player of the Week on Sept. 2.
• Earned second BIG EAST Player of the Week honor on Oct. 14 after consecutive triple-doubles, which also earned her Sports Imports/AVCA National Player of the Week accolades on Oct. 15.
• Had 45 assists, 14 digs and seven blocks in 3-2 win at Wichita State (9/22).
• Owned eight straight double-doubles from Sept. 21 to Oct. 20 to tie Melissa Walsh’s school record.
• Became sixth player in Creighton history with 1,000 or more career assists, doing so in the fourth set at Butler (10/4).
• Had 48 assists to go with season-high 18 digs and eight kills in 3-1 win at Xavier (10/5).
• Had back-to-back triple-doubles in wins vs. DePaul (Oct. 11) and Marquette (10/13).
• Had a career-high 12 kills to go with 12 digs and 39 assists in 3-1 win vs. DePaul, hitting .579 in 19 swings (10/11).
• Followed that up with a near-identical line in 3-0 win vs. Marquette, owning 12 kills, 15 digs and 33 assists on .579 hitting in 19 swings (10/13).
• Also turned in a triple-double vs. St. John’s on Nov. 1 with 44 assists, 10 kills and a career-best 10 blocks.
• Had career-high 52 assists in 3-1 win at DePaul (10/26).
• Hit .643 in 13 errorless swings and added 29 assists at Seton Hall (11/16).
• Had 44 assists, 21 digs and 11 kills for a triple-double in BIG EAST Tournament win vs. Xavier (11/29).
• Had 39 assists and 11 digs in BIG EAST Tourney final vs. Marquette (11/30).
• Helped Creighton to 3-1 NCAA Tourney win with 45 assists, 10 digs and six blocks vs. Arkansas (12/6).2012: Sophomore at Creighton
• Saw all of her time in 2012 as a right-side hitter.
• Had 10 kills on .643 hitting in sweep over USF (8/25).
• Had eight blocks and six kills with no errors in 2012 opener vs. UCF (8/24).
• Voted to USF Invitational All-Tournament Team (8/25).
• Had seven kills, six blocks and four digs vs. Northern Iowa (10/5), then had six kills and six blocks vs. Bradley one night later (10/6).
• Slammed season-best 11 kills in four-set win at Bradley (11/2).
• Had five blocks in MVC Tournament title match vs. Wichita State (11/24).
• Hit .500 in 14 swings vs. Marquette in NCAA Tournament victory (11/30).
• Had six blocks at No. 11 Minnesota in NCAA Tournament (12/1).
• Returned to her setter role in the spring with 49 assists, six blocks, five digs and four kills in an exhibition win at Nebraska (4/12).
• Ranked 16th in the MVC in blocks per set, fifth-most among sophomores.2011: Freshman at Creighton
• Owned 23 starts, seven times as a right-side hitter, twice as a defensive specialist and 14 times as a setter.
• Named to MVC’s All-Freshman Team.
• Ranked fourth in the MVC with 0.29 aces per set.
• Named MVC Freshman of the Week on Sept. 12 after earning All-Tournament honors at the Ameritas Players Challenge in Lincoln, Neb.
• Earned MVC Freshman of the Week honors a second time (Sept. 26) after averaging 6.00 assists, 2.86 digs, 1.14 blocks and 1.29 blocks per set.
• Delivered Creighton’s first triple-double by a freshman since 1998 (Kailey Reyes) on Sept. 17 vs. UAB, finishing with 11 kills, 22 assists and 17 digs.
• Served up seven aces in three-set win over McNeese State (9/17), second-most in CU history and tying a D.J. Sokol Arena record.
• Had 19 assists and eight digs vs. South Dakota (9/3) and 18 assists and eight digs vs. Marquette (9/3).
• Tallied eight assists, eight digs and six kills at No. 11 Nebraska (9/8).
• Had 11 assists, five kills, four aces and four blocks vs. Weber State (9/9), the first Bluejay with those numbers (or better) in each category since 1996.
• Delivered 20 assists, 12 digs and eight kills in win at Evansville (9/23).
• Had seven kills, 12 assists and five digs in sweep of Saint Mary’s (9/10).
• Recorded 27 assists and 20 digs in win vs. Illinois State (9/30), becoming the fifth player in CU history with at least 20 digs and 20 assists in the same match, and first since 2006.
• Had 25 assists, seven kills and seven digs and hit .538 vs. Bradley (10/14).
• Finished with a season-high six blocks vs. Southern Illinois (10/21).
• Produced a double-double with 16 assists and 11 digs to go with four blocks in win over Evansville (10/22).
• Had 22 assists and 11 digs in win at Illinois State (10/29).
• Also had 22 assists and 11 digs in win vs. Wichita State (11/4).
• Recorded her seventh double-double with 15 assists and 11 digs at Bradley (11/12).Millard North High School
• Was a 2010-11 Under Armour honorable-mention All-American.
• Named Second Team All-State by the Omaha World-Herald and Lincoln Journal Star as a senior, when she had 829 assists, 85 aces,
221 kills and 83 blocks while hitting .388.
• Led the state (Class A) in aces per set (0.7), sixth in hitting percentage (.388), seventh in assists per set (7.5) and 13th in blocks (0.7).
• As a junior, she hit .290 with 111 kills, 130 digs, 61 blocks, 42 aces and 423 assists and was named Second Team All-State.
• As a freshman had 409 assists and 109 kills, then added 732 assists and 104 kills as a sophomore, when she was named Third Team All-State.
• Named the setter on the Class A All-State Tournament Team as a senior.
• Named First Team All-Metro twice and Second Team once.
• Team was 95-38 in her four seasons, including third-place finishes as a senior (26-12) and freshman (33-3) and a seventh-place finish as a sophomore (24-8).
• In high school, played for coaches Dave Cork, Sara Horn and Nick Schuster.
• Honored by PrepVolleyball.com as a “Frosh 59” in 2007 and “Soph 79” in 2008.
• Named No. 60 on the PrepVolleyball.com Senior Aces list and was a candidate for the Andi Collins Award that is handed out to the nation’s best prep setter.Creighton Awards & Honors
2011 Ameritas Players Challenge All-Tournament Team
2011 MVC All-Freshman Team
2011 MVC Freshman of the Week, 9/12
2011 MVC Freshman of the Week, 9/26
2012 USF Invitational All-Tournament Team
2013 AVCA All-East Region First Team
2013 AVCA Honorable-Mention All-American
2013 BIG EAST Player of the Week, 9/2
2013 BIG EAST Player of the Week, 10/14
2013 Hampton Inn Invitational All-Tournament Team
2013 Hampton Inn Invitational MVP
2013 Second Team All-BIG EAST Conference
2013 Sports Imports/AVCA National Player of the Week, 10/15More About Michelle
Full Name: Michelle Lynn Sicner
Birthday: Dec. 27, 1992
Birthplace: Omaha, Neb.
Parents: Marc and Cheryl Sicner
Siblings: Kevin (26) and Kelli (24), who played volleyball at Missouri Western State
Career Aspiration: Nurse
Nickname: Mich, Chel
Why Creighton: Close to home, Division I volleyball, nursing program
Favorite Movie: What Happens in Vegas
Best Volleyball Memory: Beating Nebraska last year
Favorite Quote: “Be who you are and say what you feel. Those who mind don’t matter and those who matter don’t mind.” (Dr. Seuss)
Favorite Vacation Spot: Bahamas!!
Hobbies: Movies, hanging with friends, shopping
Favorite Part of Ryan Athletic Center: Girls only!
Match I’m Most Excited For: Nebraska
2014 Summer Job: Camp counselor
Thoughts on the BIG EAST: Bring it on!