If you are a full-time student (minimum 12 hours) at Creighton University, or will become a full-time student in the Fall of 2014, you are invited to a three-day (3) tryout for the CU cross country team.
On this day, you will be assessed by the coaching staff; CU coaches will notify you via email if you make the team.
Only current CU students may participate in the 3-day tryout
Contact Coach Rogers (firstname.lastname@example.org) with your intent to tryout by 3pm Friday, Aug. 15, 2014
• Include: your name, CU student ID #, event(s), best (verifiable) mark(s)
Note: All tryout forms must be turned in by 5 p.m. Friday Aug. 15, 2014
• All required forms are located at the top of this page
• All forms must have all necessary signatures
• Turn COMPLETED forms to Barb Epps in Ryan Athletic Center main entry or (Fax with ATTN: BARB EPPS at 402-280-3373)
• Incomplete/late forms will not be accepted thus preventing you from a tryout
• You will receive notification via email by Saturday evening, Aug. 16.
• E-mail will contain details of the Aug. 20-22nd tryout
Three Day Tryout: Wednesday, Thursday, Friday morning, Aug. 20-22nd, 2014
• Dress in appropriate athletic competition apparel
• All tryout participants will receive an e-mail Saturday, August 23rd, night with tryout results
• For those who are not selected for the 2014 team, those will be welcome to tryout again next year
• Many factors are considered during assessment
• ALL COACHES’ DECISIONS ARE FINAL AND NON-NEGOTIABLE
• Creighton University Cross Country is competitive and competes at the NCAA Division I level in the Big East Conference.
• Achievement of time standards will not guarantee you a spot on the team nor an athletic scholarship. There are many other factors considered.
REGULAR PRACTICE TIMES:
Cross Country training sessions are normally in the mornings from 6 a.m. to 8:30 or 3:30-6:30pm.
If your schedule does not satisfy one of these daily practice times, you will not be eligible to try out. If you cannot make the 3-day tryout on Aug. 20-22nd, you will not be eligible to try out for this year's team...No Exceptions.
Steps to participate in Walk-On Tryouts (MUST be completed by 5pm Friday Aug. 15, 2014):
• You must be accepted and enrolled at Creighton University
• You must contact Creighton University Head Coach, Coach Rogers, with your intent to tryout
• You must be registered with the NCAA Eligibility Center. CLICK HERE
• You must complete the Tryout Permission Form (attached)
• You must complete the CU OCE/Tryout Waiver (attached)
You must complete the Athlete Portal/Athletic Training/Insurance forms (attached)
• You must turn in ALL completed forms to Barb Epps in Ryan Athletic Center (or Fax with ATTN: BARB EPPS at 402-280-3373) main entry by 5 p.m. on Friday, Aug. 15. (Incomplete forms will deem you ineligible for tryouts).
If you've met the above standards, we encourage you to try out.
Creighton WBB vs. Kansas Highlights
Creighton Women's Basketball defeated the Omaha Mavericks 67-50 at D.J. Sokol...
Creighton Men's Basketball defeated the UTPA Broncs 75-60 at CenturyLink Center...