(Sophomore at Creighton)
- Nick closed the 2014 season tied for the team-high with 31 appearances, an impressive 4-0 record and a 2.58 ERA.
- Highberger opened the 2014 season with 11 consecutive scoreless outings, highlighted by 2.1 innings against Arkansas State on March 9. During the run, Highberger tossed a
- combined 10.2 innings.
- Nick picked up his first win of the season with two innings of relief against North Dakota on April 6, allowing one run on three hits.
- Highberger needed just 17 pitches in two innings of scoreless releif as he closed Creighton’s 13-4 win over Georgetown in the first game of a doubleheader on April 12.
- Nick opened BIG EAST play with four scoreless relief appearances, a span of 5.2 innings.
- Nabbed his second win of the season on May 4. Highberger allowed two runs on four hits in two innings of relief, but benefitted from a three-run Creighton rally in the tenth.
- Highberger earned his third win of 2014 with 1.2 innings of relief at St. John’s on May 11.
- Nick moved to 4-0 with 2.1 innings of one-run relief in the Bluejays win on May 17, Highberger came on in relief in the 10th and pitched into the 12th to record the win in the Bluejays’ 7-6 win to claim the BIG EAST regular season title at Xavier.
(Freshman at Creighton)
- Highberger posted a 2.57 ERA in 23 relief appearances as a freshman.
- Highberger tossed 2.1 innings of scoreless ball in Creighton’s 4-2 win over Arkansas-Little Rock on March 8.
- He delivered 2.2 innings of scoreless relief, earning his first collegiate save in the 11-4 win at Omaha on March 30.
- Nick earned his first win of 2013, tossing 3.1 innings of relief in the Bluejays’ 9-1 win over SIU on April 21.
- Worked 2.1 innings of scoreless relief in the Bluejays’ 3-2, 11-inning, win over Rutgers on April 27.
(Rye High School)
- A four-year letter winner for the Thunderbolts, Highberger led Rye to a 22-2 record as a senior and a perfect 25-0 mark in 2011.
- Rye HS claimed the Colorado state ritle in 2011 and were the semifinalists in 2012.
- Nick sported a 9-2 record as a senior, posting a 0.68 ERA and collecting his team as well as conference MVP honors.
- Highberger was also All-West Central League First Team and All-Colorado First Team following both his junior and senior seasons.
- During the Thunderbolts’ undefeated year in 2011, Highberger was 9-0 with a 1.42 ERA.
- Highberger also played summer baseball for Cherry Creek, finishing 9-1.
- In addition to his dominance on the mound, Nick also set the Rye HS record for steals in a season with 29 as a junior.