Graduate Assistantships Information (Athletic Training)
Number of Positions Available: Two, currently
Length of employment: Ten-month, non-tenure tract position, renewable for one year for a total of two academic years.
Time period: Employment begins August 1, 2014 until the end of the spring sport assignment.
Stipend: $12,374 per year to be paid on a bi-weekly basis.
Tuition: Tuition to graduate school at University of Nebraska-Omaha is paid by Creighton University.
Other benefits: Nebraska Athletic Training licensure is paid by Creighton University. According to the Human Resources department, the GA can enroll in the employee health insurance program, but the employee must pay all the costs. NATA membership dues are included. Parking permit is not included.
1. Work under the supervision of the Head Athletic Trainer and Assistant Athletic Trainer to assist in the delivery of Athletic Medicine services to Creighton University student-athletes.
2. Sports assignments include Women's soccer, Volleyball, Men's and Women's Tennis, and Softball.
3. Travel with assigned sport(s).
4. Maintain accurate and up-to-date medical records and daily correspondence with the coaching staff and Head Athletic Trainer.
5. Coordinate medical referrals as needed, including obtaining insurance pre-certification.
6. Assist in the supervision of Athletic Training Students. Participate in Clinical Instructor training as necessary.
7. Other duties as assigned by Head Athletic Trainer or Assistant Athletic Trainer.
As a graduate assistant you will have the opportunity to further your education by pursing a number of different degrees offered through the University of Nebraska-Omaha. UNO's campus is just a short drive from Creighton University. The most popular Master's Degrees sought by the graduate assistants are Health Education and Exercise Science.
Link to the graduate studies home page at UNO