#34 Ethan Wragge
Eden Prairie, Minn.
2012-13: Junior at Creighton
• Named MVC Sixth Man of the Year and captain of MVC’s All-Bench Team.
• MVC Scholar-Athlete First Team selection, CU’s first since 2006-07.
• One of the MVC’s top three-point shooters, he boasts unlimited range and has one of the quickest releases you’ll ever see.
• Can guard post players on the defensive end, then step out and hit 23-footers on the other end of the floor.
• Ranked the No. 13 best shooter nationally by CBSSports.com.
• Once hit five three-pointers in a four-minute stretch in 2010 win vs. Saint Joseph’s.
•MVC All-Freshman Team in 2009-10 after breaking Kyle Korver’s Creighton-freshman record with 68 three-pointers.
• Swatted career-high three blocked shots in season-opening win vs. North Texas (11/9), all in just 13 minutes.
• His three rejections were the most blocks by a Creighton player in a season-opener since Jeffrey Day in 2004.
• Tallied 12 points in 22 minutes off the bench in 77-60 win vs. UAB (11/14).
• Scored 18 points in 17 minutes vs. Presbyterian, making 6-of-8 three-pointers to tie CenturyLink Center Omaha record for 3FG’s by a CU player.
• Third in the MVC in three-pointers made and fourth in 3FG%.
• Scored in double-figures in five straight games from Nov. 14-24, scoring 73 points in 90 minutes.
• Drained 6-of-9 3-pointers to score 18 points in win at Illinois State (1/2).
• Tied career-high with 22 points on 8-of-11 shooting in win vs. Drake (1/8). Also added five rebounds in just 17 minutes.
• Sank 5-of-7 three-pointers in win vs. Missouri State (1/30), including the 200th three-pointer of his career.
• Sank four three-pointers in win at Southern Illinois (1/27).
• Made five three-pointers to score 15 points in 16 minutes during MVC Tournament title game vs. Wichita State (3/10).
• Drained first four attempts from three-point range and scored 12 points in NCAA Tournament win vs. Cincinnati (3/22).
• Team was 11-0 this year and 24-4 all-time when he scores in double-figures.
• Team was 15-0 this year and 29-1 under Greg McDermott when Wragge shoots 50 percent or better from three-point range.
• Ranked 144th nationally in 3FG’s per game.
• Named to All-Tournament Team at Las Vegas Invitational.
• Owns 224 career three-pointers, 24 two-pointers and 70 free throws.
• Named MVC Scholar-Athlete of the Week on Jan. 9th, Jan. 16th, Feb. 8.
• Won Carl M. Reinert Male Scholar-Athlete of the Year from Creighton.
2011-12: Sophomore at Creighton
• Named to MVC’s All-Bench Team.
• Led team with 66 three-point baskets.
• Ranked fifth in the MVC in three-pointers per game.
• First 26 field goal attempts were from three-point range.
• Led team’s reserves with 6.6 points per game.
• Made a three-pointer in 13 straight games (Dec. 1, 2010 - Dec. 4, 2011).
• Scored 12 points on 4-of-6 shooting from downtown in a win vs. Campbell (Nov. 25).
• Scored season-high 19 points in just 19 minutes of road win at San Diego State (Nov. 30), making 7-of-10 shots and 4-of-6 attempts from downtown.
• Had 10 points and eight rebounds vs. Houston Baptist (Dec. 17) in just 15 minutes played.
• Made his 100th career three-pointer in win at Tulsa (Dec. 19).
• Had 10 points off the bench in season-high 26 minutes vs. Northwestern (Dec. 22), including four-point play that capped a decisive 7-0 run.
• Had 14 points on 4-of-6 shooting from downtown in win at Illinois State (Jan. 13).
• Drained 5-of-6 three-point attempts while scoring 15 points in a win at Southern Illinois (Feb. 14).
• Had nine points, a steal and a blocked shot vs. Alabama (March 16) in NCAA Tournament victory.
• Made three three-pointers and scored nine points vs. No. 4 North Carolina (March 18) in the NCAA Tournament third round.
• Had a streak of 24 straight made free throws from Feb. 3, 2010 to Feb. 1, 2012.
• Has moved into eighth place in CU history for career three-pointers (146).
Summer 2011: Bahamas Trip
• Averaged 7.0 points in two games in the Bahamas, including a game with nine points against the Mailboat Cybots.
2010-11: Redshirt Sophomore at Creighton
• Team’s top perimeter shooter who battled plantar fasciitis all year and did not play after Dec. 22. Was granted a medical hardship year.
• Checked in for the first time all year with Creighton down two points and 3.7 seconds left vs. Iowa State (Nov. 21).
• Subbed out just 2.1 seconds later without recording a stat, snapping his streak of 21 straight games with a three-pointer.
• Had career-high 22 points in 18 minutes of win vs. Saint Joseph’s (Dec. 11).
• Drained five three-pointers and assisted another trey, while also taking a charge, in an amazing four-minute stretch vs. the Hawks.
• His six three-pointers vs. Saint Joseph’s were a career-high and tied a CenturyLink Center Omaha record for a Creighton player.
2009-10: Freshman at Creighton
• Named to MVC All-Freshman Team and MVC Academic Honor Roll.
• Led Creighton with 68 three-pointers and 43.3 percent accuracy from three-point range.
• His 68 three-pointers remain the most in Creighton history made by a freshman, five more than Bluejay legends Ryan Sears and Kyle Korver.
• Made at least one three-pointer in his final 21 games, Creighton’s longest streak ever by a freshman.
• Made two or more three-pointers in 10 of last 12 games.
• Ranked second in the MVC in three-point percentage and fifth in three-pointers made.
• Was 16-for-30 (.533) from three-point range in last five games.
• Opened career with 11 points on 4-of-5 shooting in debut at No. 21 Dayton (Nov. 14).
• Had 21 points and six rebounds in 17 minutes vs. Xavier (Nov. 27). That made him the first CU player in 25 years to score more than 20 points in less than 20 minutes of a game.
• Was 4-for-7 from three-point range and 6-of-6 at the line, scoring 16 of his 18 points in the second half vs. Savannah State (Dec. 16).
• Had 14 points in 16 minutes of CIT win vs. South Dakota (March 16).
• His seven three-pointers in his first two games tied a school record originally set by Matt Roggenburk in 1986.
Eden Prairie High School
• Three-time team MVP who added conference MVP accolades his senior campaign.
• Three-time All-Conference pick, two-time all-area choice.
• Third-Team All-State as a senior, when team went 22-7.
• Averaged 16 points and nine rebounds as a junior.
• Owns the school record for consecutive made three-pointers in a game with eight.
• Also set the school record by making 90 percent of his career attempts at the free throw line as well as for career three-pointers.
• Coached by David Flom.
• Played AAU ball for the Minnesota Magic.
• Has two uncles that live in Omaha, including one that graduated from Creighton’s School of Law.
More About Ethan
Full Name: Ethan Donald Wragge
Birthday: Oct. 1, 1990
Birthplace: Sandusky, Ohio
Parents: Brad & Kari Wragge
Brothers: Blake (19), Caleb (17)
Did You Know: Mother played basketball and father played football at Midland Lutheran (Neb.). Mother is in school’s Hall of Fame.
Favorite Sports Memory: NCAA Tournament last season
Favorite Athlete: Dirk Nowitzki
Hobbies: Fishing, football
Favorite Sports Team: Minnesota Vikings
Favorite Creighton Professor: Tim Bastian
Why Creighton: The coaches and CenturyLink Center Omaha
Favorite TV Show: Entourage
Favorite Vacation Spot: La Playa del Carmen, Mexico
Favorite Spot on Campus: Library
Awards & Honors
MVC All-Freshman Team
MVC Academic Honor Roll
MVC Academic Honor Roll
MVC Academic Honor Roll
MVC All-Bench Team
22 vs. Saint Joseph’s 12/11/10
7 (3x), last at San Diego State 11/30/11
Field Goal Attempts
13 vs. Xavier 11/27/09
3-Point Field Goals
6 vs. Saint Joseph’s 12/11/10
3-Point Field Goals Attempted
11 vs. Xavier 11/27/09
6 vs. Savannah State 12/16/09
Free Throws Attempted
6 vs. Savannah State 12/16/09
8 vs. Houston Baptist 12/17/11
3 vs. Chicago State 11/13/11
2 vs. Missouri State 1/24/10
2 (2x), last vs. Chicago State 11/13/11
27 at Missouri State 3/24/10