DES MOINES, Iowa - The Creighton women's tennis team battled Wisconsin before falling, 7-0, in a neutral site match on Saturday, Feb. 22.
The loss dropped the Bluejays to 2-6 on the season, while Wisconsin moved to 4-1 overall.
Junior Amanda Noonan and sophomore Karlin Naslund each forced tiebreakers before falling in straight sets. Noonan pushed Sydney Rider to 10 games in the first set, falling 6-4 and pushed Rider to a tiebreaker in the second set at the fourth singles position. Pressed into the action, Naslund battled Becca Bailey to a tiebreaker in the opening set of number six singles, before dropping the second set, 6-2. Senior Analese Snyder pushed Lauren Birch to a 6-4, 6-1 decision at the second singles slot.Creighton returns to action on Friday, March 7 as the Bluejays host Kansas Wesleyan at 3:30 pm at Hanscom Indoor Tennis Center.
Wisconsin 7, Creighton 0
Feb 22, 2014 at Des Moines, Iowa
(Roger Knapp Tennis Center)
Doubles competition (Wisconsin earns doubles point, 3-0)
1. Lauren Burich/Nova Patel (WIS) def. Katherine Nelsen/Jennie Hartjes (CU) 8-5
2. Lauren Chypyha/Becca Bailey (WIS) def. Sam Anderson/Analese Snyder (CU) 8-6
3. Sydney Rider/Anastasia Tripolskay (WIS) def. Amanda Noonan/Liz Vermillion (CU) 8-6
1. Lauren Chypyha (WIS) def. Jennie Hartjes, (CU) 6-1, 6-0
2. Lauren Burich (WIS) def. Analese Snyder (CU) 6-4, 6-1
3. Anastasia Tripolskay (WIS) def. Katherine Nelsen (CU) 6-3, 6-0
4. Sydney Rider (WIS) def. Amanda Noonan (CU) 6-4, 7-6 (7-0)
5. Nova Patel (WIS) def. Sam Anderson (CU) 6-0, 6-0
6. Becca Bailey (WIS) def. Karlin Naslund (CU) 7-6 (7-4), 6-2