Creighton (7-8, 0-2 MVC) was unable to claim a point against Drake (9-7, 2-0 MVC). The Bulldogs earned the doubles point and later claimed five of six singles matches in straight sets.
Drake swept the trio of doubles contests to post a 1-0 lead heading into singles play.
Creighton junior Analese Snyder led the Bluejays on the day. At No. 1 doubles, Snyder and senior Anna Kirshenbaum put together CU’s best effort in an 8-4 downfall to the Bulldog’s duo of Klavdija Rebol and Jordan Eggleston.
Snyder also led the Bluejays in singles in a three-set loss to DU’s Evy Van Genechten at No. 2 doubles. The Bulldog claimed set one at 6-3 before Snyder came back to take the second stanza in a tiebreaker at 7-6 to force a final set. In a third-set super tiebreaker Van Genechten held off Snyder for a 10-7 decision in the final match of the day.
CU sophomore Taylor Koehrsen fell in a tiebreaker in set one of her match against Drake’s Mariel Ante before dropping the second set by a score of 6-3. Kirshenbaum claimed six games from Lea Kozulic of Drake in a 6-3, 6-3 setback.
Creighton continues its MVC road swing with a match at Northern Iowa slated for Sunday at 10 a.m. CT.
Creighton vs. Drake
April 6, 2013 at Roger Knapp Tennis Center
(Des Moines, Iowa)
Drake 7, Creighton 0
1. Klavdija Rebol (DU) def. Jennie Hartjes (CU), 6-3, 6-0
2. Evy Van Genechten (DU) def. Analese Snyder (CU), 6-3, 6-7 (4), 10-7
3. Lea Kozulic (DU) def. Anna Kirshenbaum (CU), 6-3, 6-3
4. Maddie Johnson (DU) def. Amanda Noonan (CU), 6-2, 6-1
5. Nell Boyd (DU) def. Liz Vermillion (CU), 6-2, 6-0
6. Mariel Ante (DU) def. Taylor Koehrsen (CU), 7-6 (4), 6-3
Order of finish: 4, 5, 1*, 3, 6, 2
1. Jordan Eggleston/Rebol (DU) def. Kirshenbaum/Snyder (CU), 8-4
2. Johnson/Kozulic (DU) def. Hartjes/Noonan (CU), 8-2
3. Ante/Ali Patterson (DU) def. Sam Anderson/Vermillion (CU), 8-4
Order of finish: 2, 1, 3