Location: 455 N. 10th Street. Arena floor is accessible via dock #4 on east side of arena. Personnel – Certified Athletic Trainer (ATC) on-site. A physician and ambulance should be on-site. Communication – Hand signal to physician or EMS personnel; alternatively a land line in Qwest Center or cell phone. Equipment – AED located with EMS personnel or in main athletic training room.
1. Assess victim
1. Performed by most qualified person present.
2. Activate EMS if necessary
2. As directed by individual providing care. a. Call CU Public Safety at 280-2911 • Caller should identify self • Number of victims • Condition of victims • First aid being administered • Advise operator of location
3. Retrieve appropriate equipment.
3. As directed by individual providing care.
4. Direct EMS personnel to scene.
4. AT student or coach a. Meet EMS personnel at end of alley on south side of building. b. Direct them to elevator in west end of building. c. Key to turn off door alarm is in AT Room.
5. University representative should accompany victim to medical facility
5. AT student or coach. a. Take student-athlete information sheet b. Contact Staff ATC with updates