CREIGHTON UNIVERSITY OLD GYM (VINARDI ATHLETIC CENTER) EMERGENCY ACTION PLAN
Location: SW corner of 24th and Burt Streets
POLICY Personnel – Certified Athletic Trainer (ATC) on-site or in Old Gym Athletic Training Room. In the event that an ATC is not available when an emergency arises, a supervising coach should assume responsibility.
Communication – Land-line from Old Gym or cell phone.
Equipment – AED is located in Old Gym reception area. Splints and spine board are located in Athletic Training Room or Athletic Training storage room.
1. Assess victim
1. Performed by most qualified person present.
2. Activate EMS if necessary
2. As directed by individual providing care. a. Call CU Public Safety at 280-2911
• Caller should identify self
• Number of victims
• Condition of victims
• First aid being administered
• Advise operator of location
3. Retrieve appropriate equipment.
3. As directed by individual providing care.
4. Direct EMS personnel to scene.
4. AT student or coach
a. Meet EMS personnel at end of alley on south side of
b. Direct them to elevator in west end of building.
c. Key to turn off door alarm is in AT Room.
5. University representative should accompany victim to medical facility
5. AT student or coach.
a. Take student-athlete information sheet
b. Contact Staff ATC with updates