2008-09: Junior at Creighton
• First player since 1997-98 (Ryan Sears) to start every game of his first season at Creighton.
• Averaged 8.1 points and 5.5 rebounds per game, becoming CU’s first junior college transfer to win the team rebounding title in their first year since Chuckie Johnson in 1995-96.
• Ranked 12th in the MVC in offensive rebounds per game (1.7) and 13th in rebounds per game (5.5).
• Had career-high 15 rebounds in NIT game vs. Kentucky, the most rebounds by a Bluejay player in any game since Ben Walker in 1999.
• The 15 rebounds vs. Kentucky also tied a Qwest Center Omaha record held by Akron’s Romeo Travis.
• Averaged 10 points and 11 rebounds per game in team’s final three contests.
• Missed his first 15 three-point attempts but made 14 of his final 37 attempts (37.8 percent) from downtown to finish the season.
• Named MVC Newcomer of the Week on Feb. 2 after averaging 14.5 points, 7.5 rebounds and 3.0 steals in double-digit wins over Indiana State and Missouri State.
• Had career-highs with 17 points, four steals and two blocks while tying then-best mark with eight rebounds vs. Indiana State (Jan. 27).
• In MVC-only games, he ranked ninth in field goal percentage (50.0 percent), 11th in steals per game (1.2) and 12th in defensive rebounds per game (4.0).
• Tied career-high with 17 points and added six rebounds, four assists and two blocks in win at Northern Iowa (Feb. 8).
• Grabbed 12 rebounds in MVC Tournament semifinals against Illinois State (March 6).
• Finished with 14 points and six rebounds in win over Bowling Green (March 18), including a go-ahead three-pointer with 1:46 left that was his first trifecta since Feb. 17.
• Had 14 points on 5-of-6 shooting at Evansville, including 2-of-2 from long-distance (Jan. 20).
• Had nine points and eight rebounds in one-point overtime win over Southern Illinois (Jan. 14).
• Had 11 points and seven rebounds in win over Wichita State, including his first blocked shot and first three-pointer (Dec. 28).
• Had 11 points and seven rebounds in Las Vegas Classic victory over Fresno State (Dec. 22).
• Opened career with eight points and five rebounds in win over New Mexico (Nov. 16).
• Played despite a partially torn labrum down the stretch.
2007-08: Fullerton College
• Named Orange Empire Conference Most Valuable Player as well as MVP of the California Community College Athletic Association.
• Averaged 20.4 points per game, 7.0 rebounds and 2.7 assists per game while shooting 52 percent from the field and 47 percent from three-point range.
• Attempted 311 free throws in 34 games, making 215 of those (69.1 percent).
• Had a high game of 36 points against Riverside (Dec. 7, 2007), making 22-of-32 at the free-throw line in that contest.
• Had 13 or more free throw attempts eight times and 20 or more attempts from the line three times.
• Scored 20 or more points 17 times and had 30 or more on three occasions.
• Finished with 12 points or more in every game but one.
• Had seven double-doubles.
• Team went 28-6 overall and won the OEC championship with an 11-1 record, leading the Hornets to the state final.
• Coached by Allen Caveness, whom he followed when Caveness left Compton JC.
2006-07: Compton Junior College
• Played both football (running back) and basketball at Compton.
• Averaged 11.9 points and 6.5 rebounds per game while shooting 51 percent from the field.
• Had a high game of 22 points as team went 22-10 and tied for first in the South Coast Conference.
• First-team all-SCC pick.
• Coached by Allen Caveness.
• Same junior college as former Bluejay Nick Porter.
Watkins Mill High School
• First team all-area and honorable-mention all-state basketball player.
• Also named football team MVP and second-team all-area after setting school’s rushing record for a single-season (1,488) and single-game (313) and averaging 37 yards per punt return.
• Coached by Jim Torrence in basketball and Steve Orsini in football.
More About Justin
Full Name: Justin Anthony Carter
Birthday: April 21, 1987
Mother: Glenda Carter
Brothers: Ryan (25) and Aaron (18)
Major: Communication Studies
Nicknames: J. Money or JC
Why Creighton?: Because my mother wanted me to go to a private school
Favorite Vacation Spots: Maryland and Cali
Favorite Sports Team: Denver Nuggets
Favorite Athlete: Carmelo Anthony
Favorite Spot on Campus: My room
Favorite Quote: “Up 10, down 10, up 20, down 20, just keep playing men” (Dana Altman)
Hobbies: PS3, watching SportsCenter, telling jokes
Favorite Sports Memory: Scored 15 points in the final 1:15 of a game once
Summer 2009 Job: Basketball camps
Favorite TV Show: BET Comic View
17 (2x), last at Northern Iowa 2/8/09
7 at Northern Iowa 2/8/09
Field Goal Attempts
12 vs. Southern 12/15/08
3-Point Field Goals
2 (3x), last vs. Kentucky 3/23/09
3-Point Field Goals Attempted
4 (4x), last vs. Kentucky 3/23/09
6 (2x), last at Wichita State 1/17/09
Free Throws Attempted
10 vs. Mississippi Valley State 12/2/08
15 vs. Kentucky 3/23/09
5 vs. Illinois State 2/28/09
2 (2x), last at Northern Iowa 2/8/09
4 vs. Indiana State 1/27/09
33 vs. Southern Illinois (OT) 1/14/09
Awards & Honors
MVC Newcomer of the Week, 2/2
|High School:||Watkins Mill HS|
|Other College:||Fullerton College|