2008-09: Junior at Creighton
• Battled injuries to average 1.7 points and 1.3 rebounds per game.
• Appeared in 25 games, all as a reserve.
• Had season-high seven points to go with two blocked shots in win over Mississippi Valley State (Dec. 2).
• Played season-best 30 minutes against Southern, finishing with six points and four rebounds (Dec. 15).
• Was 2-for-2 from downtown to score six crucial second-half points in 10 minutes during win at Indiana State (Dec. 31).
• Suffered a concussion during the season-opener against New Mexico (Nov. 16), which caused him to miss the Arkansas-Pine Bluff game (Nov. 20).
• Suffered a high ankle sprain in win over Southern Illinois (Jan. 14), limiting him to just one minute.
• Would miss next nine games from Jan. 17-Feb. 14.
• Did not attempt a field goal in his last nine games played (team’s last 18 games), as his last attempt came vs. Bradley on Jan. 10.
• Last points of the year came on Jan. 6 vs. Northern Iowa.
• Had five points in that game against the Panthers, hitting a three-pointer and two free throws.
2007-08: Sophomore at Creighton
• Averaged 4.1 points and 3.2 rebounds while playing in 32 games, including a dozen starts.
• Started CU’s first 12 games before coming off the bench on Jan. 5 at Missouri State.
• Had 15 points and five rebounds in win over DePaul (Nov. 9) in his Bluejay debut.
• Drained 3-of-5 treys against DePaul, then made 2-of-2 from downtown on Nov. 17 vs. Mississippi Valley State.
• Had 13 points and seven rebounds in overtime win over Saint Joseph’s (Dec. 9).
• Named MVC Newcomer of the Week on Dec. 10 after averaging 9.5 points, 6.0 rebounds and 2.5 blocks in games against Xavier and Saint Joseph’s.
• Had six points and seven rebounds vs. Evansville (Jan. 9).
• Had his best MVC game of the year against Bradley on March 1, finishing with eight points, five rebounds and three blocked shots.
• Ranked third on the team with 26 blocked shots and 13th in the MVC with 0.81 blocks per game.
2006-07: Redshirted at Creighton
• Sat out the 2006-07 season as a transfer from Louisville.
• Practiced with team that went 22-11 and won MVC Tournament, but was not able to play or travel.
2005-06: Freshman at Louisville
• Played 32 games for Louisville’s 21-13 team that reached the semifinals of the NIT.
• Averaged 2.3 points, 1.4 rebounds and 1.2 minutes per game for coach Rick Pitino.
• Shot 47.3 percent from the field.
• Team won all three of his starts.
• Had season-best 11 points against nationally-ranked Villanova (Jan. 5), then followed that up with eight points in a win at Providence (Jan. 7).
• Took an elbow to the face in practice on Jan. 11 and wore braces and wires as the bone healed.
• Had a season-high eight rebounds against Marquette (March 1).
• An all-state selection after averaging 16 points and seven rebounds as a senior co-captain.
• Set a school record with eight three-pointers in a game.
• Had five Bobcat teammates sign with a Division I school, most notably UConn’s Jeff Adrien.
• Played in the Charm City Classic and the adidas All-Star Derby Classic All-Star Games.
• School is located in Wolfeboro, N.H., and produced P’Allen Stinnett one year later, though the two were never teammates there.
• Played for coach Jason Smith.
Manchester Trinity High School
• Two-time all-state choice.
• Averaged 17.2 points, 8.5 rebounds and 4.6 assists as a junior when his team went 25-1 and reached the state semifinals.
More About Chad
Full Name: Chad Douglas Millard
Birthday: March 13, 1986
Birthplace: Lincoln, Neb.
Parents: Doug & Joni Millard
Sister: Jamie (26), who swam at Fordham for four years
Family in Nebraska: Mother was born in Gering, Neb., and attended University of Nebraska
Major: Communication Studies
Minor: Business Administration
Nickname: Wick, Chaddy, Billy Walsh
Favorite TV Show: Entourage
Actor to Play Me in a Movie: Larry David
Favorite Athlete: Tom Brady
Favorite Vacation Spot: Palm Springs, Calif.
Favorite Professors at Creighton: Donna Pawlowski and Tim Bastian
Notable Job: Worked for ESPN at the Men’s College World Series the past two years
Favorite Spot on Campus: My room
Favorite Teams: All New England sports teams
Hobbies: Music and golf
Career Highs (includes games at Louisville)
15 vs. DePaul 11/9/07
5 vs. DePaul 11/9/07
Field Goal Attempts
8 (2x), last vs. Saint Joseph’s (OT) 12/9/07
3-Point Field Goals
3 vs. DePaul 11/9/07
3-Point Field Goals Attempted
6 (2x), last vs. #22 Drake (OT) 1/22/08
5 (2x), last vs. Saint Joseph’s (OT) 12/9/07
Free Throws Attempted
8 vs. Saint Joseph’s (OT) 12/9/07
8 (2x), last vs. UALR 12/22/07
4 vs. DePaul 11/9/07
3 (2x), last vs. Bradley (2OT) 3/1/08
2 vs. Houston Baptist 12/17/07
31 vs. Saint Joseph’s (OT) 12/9/07
Awards & Honors
MVC Newcomer of the Week, 12/10
|High School:||Brewster Academy/Louisville|