Men's Tennis Disposes of Mavericks, 7-0
OMAHA, Neb. - The Creighton men's tennis team made short work of Omaha, taking the match 7-0, on Thursday, Feb. 20.
The victory lifted Creighton to 2-1 in 2014, while Omaha fell to 2-2.
The Mavericks won the the top doubles match of the day, taking the No. 1 spot 8-6. That, however, was all Creighton would allow as the Bluejays earned the doubles point with victories at No. 3 and No. 2 and swept singles play.
Senior Billy Paluch was one of five Bluejays to post straight set wins in singles action, exacting a bit of revenge on Eric McKnight with a 6-1, 6-2 win.
Creighton returns to action on Friday, Feb. 28 as the Bluejays travel to Iowa City, Iowa to face the Iowa Hawkeyes at 3 pmCreighton 7, Omaha 0
Doubles: (Creighton wins doubles point, 2-1)
1. Eric McKnight/Adam Dockery (UNO) def. Billy Paluch/Jake Norman (CU); 8-6
2. Elliott Baker/August Nysted (CU) def. Nathan Greteman/James McManus (UNO); 8-6
3. Nick Thompson/Harrison Lang (CU) def. Michael Knudsen/Erik Anderson (UNO); 8-4
1. Billy Paluch (CU) def. Eric McKnight (UNO) 6-1, 6-2
2. Elliott Baker (CU) def. Adam Dockery (UNO) 7-5, 6-2
3. Jake Norman (CU) def. James McManus (UNO) 6-3, 4-6, 1-0 (10-6)
4. Quinn Dippel (CU) def. Erik Anderson (UNO) 6-2, 6-4
5. Harrison Lang (CU) def. Nathan Greteman (UNO) 6-2, 6-3
6. Aaron Chalstrom (CU) def. Michael Knudsen (UNO) 6-3, 6-1
Order of finish:
Doubles (3,1,2); Singles (1,5,6,2,4,3)