Men's Tennis Suffers 6-1 Setback
Creighton (7-9, 0-4 MVC) claimed one point against visiting Bradley (13-9, 1-3 MVC). The Braves opened the day by taking two out of three doubles matches to claim the first team point then went on to claim five singles matches.
Lee followed that up with a straight-set victory over Arthur Romanet. Lee claimed the first stanza 6-2 before clinching the point for the Jays with a 6-4 victory in set two.
Fellow Creighton freshman Quinn Dippel went the distance at No. 4 singles before suffering a setback to Kalhorn. The Brave took set one 6-2 before Dippel claimed a 6-4 set two victory to force a third-set superbreaker. Kalhorn edged Dippel 10-8 to claim the point in the third.
Creighton returns to action this weekend for its final home match of the season against Illinois State on Sunday at 11 a.m. CT. The teams will play at Koch, weather permitting. Alternatively the teams will battle inside the Hanscom Tennis Center.
Bradley vs. Creighton
Apr 20, 2013 at Omaha, Neb.
(Koch Family Tennis Center)
Bradley 6, Creighton 1
1. Juan Diego Cuadradro (BU) def. Sean Mathison (CU) 6-3, 6-2
2. Ahmed Albitar (BU) def. Ryan Norman (CU) 6-2, 6-1
3. Hamish Weeransinghe (BU) def. Elliott Baker (CU) 6-4, 6-2
4. Ashton Kalhorn (BU) def. Quinn Dippel (CU) 6-2, 4-6, 10-8
5. Brandon Lee (CU) def. Arthur Romanet (BU) 6-2, 6-4
6. Justin Abrams (BU) def. August Nysted (CU) 6-0, 6-3
1. Cuadradro/Weeransinghe (BU) def. Norman/Nick Thompson (CU) 8-3
2. Mathison/Lee (CU) def. Albitar/Kalhorn (BU) 8-6
3. Abrams/Romanet (BU) def. Baker/Nysted (CU) 8-6