2013-14: Freshman at Creighton
• True freshman who was CU’s second big man off the bench in opener vs. Alcorn State (Nov. 8), finishing with nine points and two rebounds in 11 minutes of action.
• One of team’s most productive “per minute” players, he had 29 points and 10 rebounds in 41 minutes of league play.
• Had four points and two rebounds in seven minutes off the bench in win vs. Tulsa (Nov. 23).
• Produced first career blocked shot vs. Arizona State (Nov. 28).
• Grabbed four rebounds and had a blocked shot in road win at Long Beach State (Dec. 3).
• Threw down two dunks and scored four points while adding a blocked shot in a win vs. Arkansas-Pine Bluff (Dec. 17).
• Scored nine points and blocked two shots in nine minutes vs. Chicago State (Dec. 29), sinking 4-of-4 field goal attempts.
• Had eight points, three rebounds, an assist and a blocked shot in seven minutes vs. Butler (Jan. 14).
• Scored six points in five minutes at No. 4 Villanova (Jan. 20).
• Had five points and two rebounds in four minutes at Xavier (March 1).
• Recorded six points on 3-for-3 shooting in four minutes off the bench vs. Xavier (March 14) in BIG EAST Tournament semifinals.
• Played a season-high 13 minutes in NCAA Tournament game vs. Baylor, finishing with two points and two rebounds (March 23).T.F. Riggs High School
• Named South Dakota’s Mr. Basketball and Gatorade Player of the Year as a senior after averaging 19.9 points and 8.3 rebounds per game.
• Led team to the Class AA state title, the school’s first since 1982.
• Also honored as South Dakota’s Gatorade Player of the Year as a junior, when he averaged 17.3 points, 7.7 rebounds and 1.9 blocked shots per game for team that took third-place at state.
• One of 10 players nationwide to repeat Gatorade POY honors in 2011-12 and 2012-13, joining a list that included Andrew Wiggins, Jabari Parker and Tyus Jones.
• First South Dakota player to repeat Gatorade honor since Mike Miller (1997-98) and just the third ever (also Eric Kline, 1990-91).
• Was first Pierre player to ever win the award, as well.
• First South Dakota player to win the Gatorade award and leave the state for college since Joe Krabbenhoft headed to Wisconsin in 2005.
• Played varsity all four years, earning all-league accolades each season.
• Three-time All-State selection.
• High school coach was Terry Becker, and AAU coach for the South Dakota Schoolers was Paul Seville.
• Selected Creighton over Nebraska, Missouri, Iowa State and Gonzaga.More About Zach
Full Name: Zachary Arnold Hanson
Birthday: June 6, 1994
Birthplace: Pierre, S.D.
Parents: Loren and Jane Hanson
Favorite Pro Sports Team: Los Angeles Clippers
Favorite Band: Zac Brown Band
Hobbies: Golf, hunting, fishing
If I Could Meet Anyone: Johnny Cash
Why Creighton: The people and the atmosphere
Dream Date: Dinner on a yacht
Did You Know: Mother, Jane (Konz), was inducted into the Northern State University Athletic Hall of Fame in 2007 after finishing her career as the Wolves’ all-time shot blocker and ranking in the top-10 in scoring, rebounding and field goal percentage.Awards and Honors2013-14
BIG EAST All-Academic TeamCareer Highs
9 (2x), last vs. Chicago State 12/29/13
4 (2x), last vs. Butler 1/14/14
Field Goal Attempts
5 vs. Butler 1/14/14
3-Point Field Goals
3-Point Field Goals Attempted
1 (2x), last vs. Butler 1/14/14
4 at #4 Villanova 1/20/14
Free Throws Attempted
4 (2x), last at #4 Villanova 1/20/14
4 (2x), last at Long Beach State 12/3/13
1 vs. Butler 1/14/14
2 vs. Chicago State 12/29/13
13 vs. #23 Baylor 3/23/14