Awards & Honors
2013-14 BIG EAST All-Academic Team
2014-15 BIG EAST All-Academic Team
2014-15 Dean’s List
Summer 2015: Italy Trip
• Averaged 8.0 points and 4.3 rebounds per game in Italy.
• Finished with 13 points and six rebounds on 5-of-7 shooting in first game at Oleggio (Aug. 7).
2014-15: Junior at Creighton
• Averaged 6.7 points and 3.4 rebounds while playing in all 33 games, including 28 starts.
• Tied for team lead with 45 three-pointers made.
• Tied for second in the BIG EAST among freshmen in three-pointers made.
• Third on the team with 12 blocked shots.
• Became third freshman in the last 22 years to start a season-opener, joining Bluejay legends Ryan Sears (CU’s all-time leader in steals/assists) and Doug McDermott (CU’s all-time leading scorer).
• Had 17 points and seven rebounds second career game, a win over Chicago State (Nov. 16).
• In the process, became first Bluejay since March of 2012 (Gregory Echenique) with a 17/7/2 line in the same game, and accomplished something that Doug McDermott never did.
• Scored 11 points and added six rebounds in win over No. 18 Oklahoma (Nov. 19).
• Had 16 points and six rebounds vs. Texas-Pan American (Dec. 19).
• Made a career-high five three-pointers and led Creighton with 15 points vs. DePaul (Jan. 7).
• Scored a career-high 21 points vs. St. John’s (Jan. 28) in team’s first BIG EAST victory of the year, including 4-of-4 clutch free throws in final 12 seconds of a three-point win. Also made 5-of-6 three-point shots overall.
• Made highlight reels across the internet when he dove into a courtside table and had a beer douse his hair and jersey (Nov. 19 vs. No. 18 Oklahoma).
2013-14: Redshirted at Creighton
• Practiced, but did not play for Creighton’s team that finished 27-8 and reached the third round of the NCAA Tournament, while redshirting.
Berlin High School
• Set school record with 1,213 career points and 500 career rebounds.
• Named First Team All-State as a senior, when he averaged 20 points, 12 rebounds and two blocks per contest.
• Shot 88 percent from the line as a senior and had a single-game high of 33 points.
• Crowned MVP of the Eastern Valley Conference as a senior.
• Averaged 16.9 points, 8.6 rebounds and 1.8 blocked shots per game as a junior, when he was named Honorable Mention All-State by the Wisconsin Basketball Coaches Association.
• As a sophomore, averaged 16.4 points, 8.9 rebounds and 2.0 swats per contest.
• Had a high scoring game of 32 points as a junior and 30 points during his sophomore season.
• Won four letters in basketball and two in cross country.
• Three-time first team all-conference honoree.
• Played for coach Andy Kasuboski.
• Has played for Wisconsin Playmakers AAU program and coach Jason Jesperson.
More About Toby
Jan. 16, 1995
Brian and Traci Hegner
Jacob and Andrew
Summer 2015 Job
Worked at camps
Favorite Twitter Account To Follow
Favorite TV Show
How I Met Your Mother
Favorite Sports Team
Green Bay Packers
Favorite Sports Memory
The fans, coaches and eductation
The Kite Runner