OMAHA, Neb. - Creighton's April 23rd baseball game at Iowa has been cancelled due to rainy conditions in Iowa City. The game will not be made up.
This is Creighton’s 14th game in 2013 affected by poor weather conditions. Below is a recap of the weather related issues faced by the Bluejays.
• Lamar Cancelled: Creighton was forced to withdraw from the Lamar Tournament (Feb. 22-24) due to travel complications caused by a snow storm.
• BYU Moved: The ensuing weekend Creighton was forced to move its series at BYU four hours south to St. George Utah as the field in Provo, Utah was unplayable.
• Home Opener Relocated: Creighton staff and players feverishly removed snow from the Creighton Sports Complex when the Bluejays’ home opener against North Dakota had to be moved from TD Ameritrade Park Omaha due to concerns about the playing surface.
• Postponed: The contest with South Dakota State on March 20th was moved to May 8th by severe wind and cold.
• Dodging Snow: Creighton and Evansville moved their March 24th contest to a doubleheader on March 23rd to avoid snow.
• Postponed II: The game at Iowa scheduled for March 27 was moved to April 23 by standing snow in Iowa City, Iowa.
• Rained Out: Creighton's April 9th game at Nebraska was cancelled due to rain, no makeup date has currently been set.
• Rained Out II: The Jays' April 10th game with Air Force was cancelled due to rain, the game will not be made up.
• Rained Out III: The Jays' April 23rd game at Iowa cancelled due to rainy conditions, the game will not be made up.
#23 Creighton Men's Basketball defeated the Eastern Illinois Panthers 75-53 at CenturyLink Center on...
Bluejay Spotlight: Will Artino
Creighton Men's Soccer defeated the Oregon State Beavers 1-0 in the 2nd Round of...