Women's Tennis Closes Out Florida Trip with Three 7-0 Victories
KISSIMMEE, Fla. - The Creighton women's tennis team closed out its trip to Florida on a three-match win streak with a trio of 7-0 decisions.
Creighton (6-7) did not allow a point in three midweek matches. The Bluejays defeated Robert Morris (1-14) and Division II foes Wesleyan (0-4) and Marian (13-4) this week all by a 7-0 margin. It marks the Bluejays' longest win streak of the season.
At No. 1 singles sophomore Jennie Hartjes went 3-0 giving up seven games in three match wins. Junior Analese Snyder held opponent to just six games in three wins at the No. 2 singles spot. Senior Anna Kirshenbaum surrendered only five games in a trio of victories at the No. 3 position.
Sophomore Amanda Noonan rolled in a two-set win over RMU before claiming a pair of three-set matches to keep the Creighton record unblemished at No. 4 singles. Playing in the No. 5 singles slot, freshman Sam Anderson gave up only nine games in three straight-set victories.
Three different Bluejays earned wins at the No. 6 singles position. Freshman Karlin Naslund, sophomore Taylor Koehrsen and classmate Liz Vermillion each won a match in straight sets. The underclassmen only surrendered six total games combined in the victories.
The Jays also went undefeated in doubles during the three-match set. Creighton dominated the matches with only one instance of an opposing team winning more than two games in eight completed doubles contests.
Creighton takes a couple of weeks off from action before facing Nebraska Omaha on March 29.
Robert Morris vs. Creighton
Mar 12, 2013 at Altamonte Springs, Fla.
Creighton 7, Robert Morris 0
1. Jennie Hartjes (CU) def. Carolina Teixeira (RMU) 6-0, 6-4
2. Analese Snyder (CU) def. Marie-Sophie Heine (RMU) 6-0, 6-1
3. Anna Kirshenbaum (CU) def. Clarissa Chen (RMU) 6-0, 6-0
4. Amanda Noonan (CU) def. Dounia Zinbi (RMU) 6-2, 6-4
5. Sam Anderson (CU) def. Isabella Novella (RMU) 6-0, 6-1
6. Karlin Naslund (CU) def. Tiffany Meinert (RMU) 6-1, 6-0
Order of finish: 6, 3, 2, 5, 1, 4
Order of finish: 2, 1
Wesleyan vs. Creighton
Mar 13, 2013 at Kissimmee, Fla.
(Oak Street Park)
Creighton 7, Wesleyan 0
1. Jennie Hartjes (CU) def. Clare DuBrin (WU) 6-1, 6-1
2. Analese Snyder (CU) def. Genevieve Aniello (WU) 6-0, 6-1
3. Anna Kirshenbaum (CU) def. Kiley Robbins (WU) 6-2, 6-0
4. Amanda Noonan (CU) def. Jessica Seidman (WU) 4-6, 6-2, 11-9
5. Sam Anderson (CU) def. Lauren Jacobs (WU) 6-2, 6-1
6. Taylor Koehrsen (CU) def. Nicki Softness (WU) 6-2, 6-2
Order of finish: 1, 6, 2, 5, 3, 4
Order of finish: 2, 3, 1
Marian vs. Creighton
Mar 14, 2013 at Kissimmee, Fla.
(Oak Street Park)
Creighton 7, Marian 0
1. Jennie Hartjes (CU) def. Brittney Horlacher (MU) 6-1, 6-0
2. Analese Snyder (CU) def. Hannah Knust (MU) 6-0, 6-4
3. Anna Kirshenbaum (CU) def. Sarah Potter (MU) 6-2, 6-1
4. Amanda Noonan (CU) def. Olivia Pursell (MU) 6-2, 1-6, 10-5
5. Sam Anderson (CU) def. Lauren Paras (MU) 6-0, 6-4
6. Liz Vermillion (CU) def. Tiffany Schendel (MU) 6-0, 6-1