2011 (Summer with Willmar Stingers)
• Played with the Willmar Stingers of the Northwoods League.
• Hit .185 in 42 games, with two home runs, six doubles and 11 RBI.
2011 (Junior at Creighton)
• Started in 49 of the 55 games he played in, seeing time at catcher, left field and as a pinch hitter.
• Posted a .233 batting average and a .366 slugging percentage with four home runs.
• Finished third on the team, and tied for third in the conference, with 12 sacrifice bunts on the season.
• His three triples tied him for second on the team, while his four homeruns put him in third.
• Picked up his first hit as a Bluejay at Kansas (2/22), finishing the day 1-for-3 in his second start as a Jay.
• Finished the day 3-for-5 with four RBI and two runs scored in the second game of a doubleheader at New Mexico (2/26).
• Hit the first home run for the Bluejays on the season, a three-run blast against New Mexico (2/26).
• Stole two bases in the three-game series at Arkansas State over spring break (3/6-3/7).
• Led the Bluejays offensively in the final game of the series with Arkansas State, going 2-for-3 with a double and a run scored (3/7).
• Hit his first triple of the season at Air Force, finishing the game with two hits, a run scored and another driven in (3/16).
• Layed down two sacrifice bunts, both which led to Bluejay runs in the 6-5 win against BYU (3/21).
• Finished the day 3-for-5 with a home run, three runs scored and two RBI in the 11-3 rout of Portland (4/1).
• Used a solo home run to provide Creighton with the first run, and only needed run in a 4-0 win at Indiana State. Finished the day 2-for-4, both hits home runs, driving in three of the four runs and scoring two of his own (4/15).
• Used a two-run double to help Creighton defeat Bradley in the first game of the MVC series. Finished the game 2-for-4 with two runs driven in (4/29).
• Put together a five game hit streak, his longest of the season, from 4/29-5/7.
• Scored the go-ahead run in the 3-1 win over Missouri State, clinching Creighton’s regular-season title (5/21). Finished the game with two hits and a run scored.
• Drove in a run in the final game of the season, finishing the day 1-for-5 against Georgia (6/5) in the NCAA Tournament.
2008-10 (Iowa Western Community College)
• National Junior College Athletic Association National Champions in 2010; NJCAA World Series appearance in 2009.
• 2010 NJCAA World Series All-Tourney Team at catcher, ahead of No. 1 draft choice Bryce Harper.
• 2010 first team all-region at IWCC.
• 2009 second team all-region at IWCC.
• Team compiled a 91-34 record while playing for head coach Marc Rardin and the Reivers.
• Hit .410 as a sophomore, scoring 63 runs, and poking 59 hits, including eight home runs.
• Had a solid freshman season as well, hitting .330 with 56 hits in 170 at bats.
• Had 89 runs batted in during his two seasons with the Reivers.
2004-08 (Sauk Rapids High School)
• Played baseball for the Storm, located in Sauk Rapids, Minn.
• Student council officer in high school.
Creighton Single-Game Highs
Hits: 3, (3x) last vs. Missouri State, 5/21/11
Doubles: 1, (5x) last at Wichita State, 5/7/11
Triples: 1, (3x) last vs. Missouri State, 5/25/11
Home runs: 2, at Indiana State, 4/15/11
Total bases: 8, at Indiana State, 4/15/11
RBI: 4, at New Mexico, 2/26/11
Runs scored: 2, (4x) last vs. Bradley, 4/30/11
Walks: 2, (2x) last at Evansville, 5/15/11
Hit-by-pitch: 1, (4x) last at Illinois State, 4/10/11
Sacrifice bunts: 2, (2x) last vs. Missouri State, 5/19/11
At bats: 6, at Evansville, 5/13/11
Stolen bases: 1, (5x) last vs. Bradley, 4/30/11
More About Anthony
Full Name: Anthony John Bemboom
Birthday: January 18, 1990
Birthplace: St. Cloud, Minn.
Parents: Greg and Debbie Bemboom
Sibling: Bailey (16)
Major: Exercise Science
Career Ambition: To play professional baseball
Favorite Athletes: Chipper Jones, Peyton Manning
Favorite Movies: Shooter, Wedding Crashers
Favorite Food: Chipotle
Favorite Quote: “Sports do not build character, they reveal it.” - John Wooden