• Named Second Team, all-MVC.
• Was Creighton’s number one starter, leading the team in wins (8), games started (15) and strikeouts (65).
• Started 15 of 16 appearances.
• Earned first win of the season vs. SIU Edwardsville (2/20), striking out seven in 5.0 IP.
• Struck out first five batters of the game and six of the first seven in SIUE appearance.
• Went 3.2 innings vs. Northwestern State (2/27), giving up four earned runs while whiffing four.
• Came one strikeout shy of career-high with nine against South Dakota State (3/12), hurling 4.1 perfect innings to start game.
• Struck out two in start at UIC (3/19).
• Recorded fourth win of year at SIU (3/26), striking out five in 6.0 innings, and allowing just two earned runs.
• Took first loss of season against Indiana State (4/2), allowing four earned runs, but striking out seven in 7.1 innings.
• Had solid outing at Bradley (4/16), earning the win by throwing seven innings and allowing just two earned runs.
• Named Missouri Valley Conference Pitcher of the Week on April 27 for complete game shutout at Bradley (4/25).
• Had two complete game shutouts.
• Other complete game shutout came against Southern Illinois (3/9).
• Held 14th-ranked Coastal Carolina to just one run in 7.1 innings while striking out four (3/10).
• Had most innings last season among 2010 returning pitchers (79.0), good for second overall on team in 2009.
• Second on team in starts (13) and strikeouts (52).
• Led team in ERA (3.35), innings pitched (51.0), strikeouts (35) and games started (8) in MVC games.
• Captured first career win against IPFW on (3/8).
• Recorded first career strikeout at Sam Houston State on Feb. 21.
• Whiffed a career-high 10 batters at Evansville on April 5.
• Recorded at least one strikeout in all but one of his appearances.
• Strikeout to walk ratio was nearly 3-to-1 (52-18).
• Appeared in one game.
• Allowed four runs in 0.1 innings at Memphis on March 5 in his first career start.
Millard West High School (2004-07)
• Lettered as a junior and senior in baseball at Millard West High School for head coach Frank Ryan.
• Led team to a runner-up finish in the Class A state tournament as a senior.
• Squad finished 29-9 during his senior season.
• Recorded a 7-2 record as a senior with a 1.35 ERA and 46 strikeouts.
• Named to the All-Nebraska Team by the Omaha World-Herald, first team super-state by the Lincoln Journal Star, and first team all-conference and all-metro.
• Has fifth-best single-season and career ERA in school history.
• Named MVP of the Collin-Orcutt All-Star Game following his senior season.
Birthday: June 30, 1988
Parents: John and Kathy
Major: Business Management
Career Ambition: To become a financial advisor at a brokerage
Favorite Athletes: Albert Pujols, Alex Rodriguez, Mark Teixiera and Ian Kinsler
Favorite Movies: Happy Gilmore, Billy Madison, Forgetting Sarah Marshall
Favorite Food: Bar-b-que
Gameday Superstition: Eat Chipotle the night before I pitch
Most Like to Have Dinner With: Warren Buffet