• Was second on team with 30 appearances, all in relief.
• Finished in the top-10 among MVC pitchers in saves (7th), appearances (7th), games finished (8th) and games in relief (6th).
• Led team in saves and was best among CU’s relievers with 41 innings and 31 strikeouts.
• Started season with 13.1 scoreless innings without a walk or hit batsman.
• Pitched two perfect innings with one strikeout vs. SIU Edwardsville (2/20).
• Hurled 3.1 innings vs. Northwestern State (2/27), allowing one hit and striking out one.
• Allowed one hit or less in six of first seven appearances.
• Posted saves in consecutive appearances vs. South Dakota State (3/12) and at Minnesota (3/13).
• Came on to end threat in game with No. 25 Kansas State, pitching the final two innings.
• Earned third and fourth saves of season in SIU series (3/26-27), allowing one hit with three strikeouts in 2.2 innings of work.
• Appeared in all three games of Indiana State series, recording season-high three strikeouts in game two (4/3).
• Threw scoreless inning, with a strikeout at Nebraska (4/6).
• Suffered loss against Kansas (4/7), allowing one run on three hits.
• Picked up second win against Nebraska (4/20), throwing a scoreless eighth inning
• Made two scoreless appearances in Seattle series (5/14,16), picking up the win in Sunday’s finale.
• Named pre-season all-MVC.
• Tied for ninth in the country with 36 appearances.
• Was named to the All-Missouri Valley Conference First Team as a relief pitcher.
• Finished fourth in The Valley with six saves.
• Led the league in appearances and games in relief (36).
• Had seven game scoreless streak in which he struck out six in 6.2 innings (3/7-20).
• Coincided with a 12-game stretch where allowed just one run in 16.1 innings (3/7-4/1).
• Posted first career save at Evansville (4/3).
• Earned first win with 2.2 innings of relief at Indiana State (3/21).
• Threw season-high 3.0 innings at Southern Illinois (3/28), winning his second game of the year.
• Struck out a career-best four against IPFW (3/8).
2008 (Redshirt Freshman)
• Was second on the team with a 2.35 ERA.
• Appeared in 15 games in his rookie season.
• One of three pitchers to pitch at least 23 innings without surrendering a home run.
• Had the most appearances on the team without receiving a decision.
• Allowed earned runs in just five of 15 appearances.
• Against Big 12 opponents had a 1.93 ERA in 9.1 innings.
• Made his first appearance of the season against Chicago State (3/16), throwing a perfect inning.
• Threw one shutout inning, allowing just one hit vs. Illinois State (3/29).
• That outing started a streak of seven appearances without allowing an earned run, the longest of the year.
• Threw three shutout innings vs. Nebraska (4/23), allowing four hits and striking out one.
• Had best road outing of the regular season at Missouri (5/6), throwing 2.0 innings without allowing a run.
• Appeared in three of four games during the MVC Tournament.
• Had his longest outing of the season vs. Missouri State (5/22), going 3.1 innings without allowing a run.
• Struck out two without walking a man in the Missouri State appearance, setting a season-high mark for K’s.
• One of six freshmen to redshirt in their first season in the program.
Brandon Valley High School (2003-06)
• Lettered four years in baseball and basketball, and three years in football.
• Three-time all-state and all-conference selection in baseball.
• As a junior, he led the Lynx to a runner-up finish at the state tournament.
• Voted to the all-conference basketball team three times and was named to the state all-tournament team as a senior.
• Honorable mention all-state as a senior in football.
• As a quarterback, he set school records for single-season passing attempts (219) and completions (117).
Birthday: October 2, 1987
Parents: Brad and Janelle
Siblings: Megan and Joe
Major: Entrepreneurship, Finance and Marketing
Career Ambitions: Be a successful business owner
Favorite Athlete: Lew Ford
Favorite Food: Buffalo Chicken Pizza from Pizza Ranch
Favorite Location on Campus: Academic Learning Center (ALC)
Person He Most Admires: His dad
Like to Have Dinner With: Red Auerbach
Favorite Junk Food: Brownies
Favorite Quote: “Let them come to you.”